At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
The purpose of this position is to use established practices and guidelines applying educational knowledge of design engineering principles as listed. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This position supports the Area Lead, Lead or technical specialist on assigned projects or performs work on routine scope engineering assignments and performs specific and limited portions of engineering assignments.
• Ability to read and understand P&ID’s
• Develop and update an Equipment List
• Perform and check routine calculations, specify simple equipment, and solve problems of simple engineering complexity
• Develop Mechanical datasheets, specifications and narratives to solicit quotations and procure mechanical equipment
• Develop Request for Quotation (RFQ) documentation, perform Bid Analysis, and generate Request for Purchase (RFP) packages.
• Review vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution
• Participate in equipment and material procurement activities
• Interface and coordinate with multiple disciplines to integrate equipment design into project
• Adhere to industry codes and standards as well as department practices and procedures
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Participate in training and contribute to training activities
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 134571BR
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.