At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
The Benefits Manager is responsible for the benefit administration of all U.S and International benefit programs to include employee communication, day to day benefit administration and works closely with our Payroll Team and Employee Services team to manage existing benefit programs as well as the research and proposal to Senior Management of annual renewal changes.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Reports to the HR Director and is responsible for administering and communicating benefit programs, as well as interpreting policies and procedures, and ensuring compliance with regulatory agencies.
• Primary contact with Benefit consultants and plan providers to ensure efficient administration of benefit plans. Research, analyze and recommend new benefit programs for Company to remain competitive and manage costs related to benefit plans. Implement programs providing effective communication and training to employees.
• Educate and mentor HR Team to guide them in their communications with Mission Solution employees in relation to the employees benefit plans. Manages communication efforts and tools for employees to be well informed of their benefits. Also serves as primary contact for employees related to more complex benefit issues and handles the administration of FMLA and Disability issues.
• Responsible for management of the systems and technology to support the benefit plans. Works closely with Payroll, HRIS and Employee Services as it related to benefits.
• Ensures compliance with governmental regulations related to benefit programs and labor law, including ERISA, FMLA, ACA, and HIPAA. This includes required testing and audits and SOX compliance.
• Provides analytical and technical support in the delivery of benefit programs including analyzing, monitoring, and recommending actions due to new and evolving benefits legislation and LOA administration.
• Manages the annual plan renewals and enrollments, including the modification of benefit materials, scheduling of enrollment meetings, the transmission of enrollment data to vendors, and resolution of post-enrollment issues.
• Monitors HRIS benefits management system and reviews all benefit vendor file feedback reports. Administer and oversee benefit billing for all lines of coverage.
• Responsible for coordination of data necessary to complete internal, state, and/or federal reporting, testing, audits, and plan eligibility.
• Serve as subject matter expert regarding Service Contract Act, Davis Bacon Act and Collective Bargaining Agreement benefits to include Health and Welfare, Trusts, Fringe rates, as well as any Union benefit matters.
• Manage the leave administration process from employees’ initial notice of the need for leave to the employee’s return to work. Gather and ensure completion of required paperwork, including medical certifications, determine leave eligibility, designate, or deny leaves as appropriate, recertify leaves, and track and account for leave time used.
• Provide appropriate and required leave information to employees, verbally and in writing. Advise employees on the interaction of leave laws with paid time off, worker’s compensation, and short-term and long-term disability benefits.
• Engage employee in the interactive process to identify and select reasonable accommodations allowing the employee to continue performing the normal, essential functions of their job.
• Collaborate with HR team and department management to determine and implement reasonable accommodations.
• Maintain and apply current relevant knowledge of applicable benefit, leave and accommodation laws including the FMLA, ADA, HIPPA, COBRA, ERISA, etc. and state and local laws.
• Maintain complete and accurate leave records. Handle all information with the utmost professionalism and confidentiality to ensure compliance and privacy.
• Prepares Form 5500s for health and welfare coverages and coordinates discrimination testing for FSA/HSA accounts.
• Ensures that employee benefits-related paperwork (e.g., Form 5500, 1095s, 1094s, etc.) is prepared and timely filed with governmental entities, as required.
• May function as a group participant and perform routine and more complex Human Resources projects on special Human Resource projects.
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards.
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• May need to travel to attend to business related matters.
• Meet expectations on attendance and punctuality.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Generally favorable indoor office workspace, and/or;
• Various levels of environmental conditions including but not limited to project worksites and vendor/client facilities which may have temporary office space, moving mechanical parts and vibration; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and extreme temperatures and high noise levels.
• Hybrid work available with three to four days in office required.
Job ID: 140800BR
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.