At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
This position provides technical and strategic direction for Estimating. This position has the responsibility to act as a corporate or intra-corporate expert on Estimating methods, procedures, systems, and the development of historical information. Budgets and capital expenditures, within defined limits, may also be the responsibility of this position. This position requires frequent interface with Estimating functional leadership, project personnel, engineers, “persons most knowledgeable” in support functions and estimating members. This individual must also be able to direct a staff of estimating professionals on mega-sized projects. And as a leadership role, this position requires mentoring less experienced estimators and promoting innovation, creativity, benchmarking, and problem solving.
• Direct all activities with respect to estimate quality, execution, planning, staffing, consistency, and systems training
• Support and interface with business unit management in the preparation of proposals in areas specific to cost and benchmark to previous proposals with information of deliverables consistent to other similar projects
• Present and sell an estimate to management and the client with authority and credibility
• Typically manage personnel and provide an environment for the development and professional advancement of staff members, including on-the-job and formal training and development opportunities, and timely performance feedback
• Analyze situations, identify and forecast pertinent problems and evaluate realistic options; and recommend/implement appropriate course of action
• Organize and prioritize a variety of complex projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 140637BR
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.