At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Are you a piping design engineer that is looking for more than just a job? Are you excited by working together with very talented people on projects that make a difference? Do you thrive in an international environment where we design and build complex and challenging capital projects for our clients? We are actively involved in the following exciting industries:
• Life Science Industry: Designing production facilities for Flu Vaccines, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) for important drugs, Blood Fractionation for the life-saving plasma industry, and more.
• Advanced Technologies: Including the fast-paced Semiconductor Industry, Smart Batteries, and Datacenters.
• Advanced Manufacturing: Foods (Sugar, Potato Chips), Beverages (Distilled Spirits), Fast Moving Consumer Goods, and Sustainable Products and Technology.
We are looking for an enthusiastic team member with a can-do attitude that supplements our growing piping team.
Currently we are looking for is a Piping Design Engineer with responsibility for piping scope on assigned projects.
Typical duties include:
• Develop and review project Scope of Services, Scope of Facilities, and other project baseline documents for all phases of projects
• Develop and review estimates and schedules, progress reports, including manpower forecasts
• Establish, track, and monitor material key quantities; provide analysis and forecasts
• Develop and review specifications, including design criteria
• Incorporate health, safety, and environmental factors in design
• Piping and Equipment layout Design
• Review 2D computer aided design (CAD) drawings and the 3D model using 3D review platform
• Review vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution
• Review and approve vendor lists, prepare quotation requests/bid tabulations/purchase orders
and review substitutions for technical acceptability
• Perform and check calculations, specify equipment, and solve problems of complex to difficult engineering complexity
• Establish and lead the squad check effort for vendor equipment documentation for assigned equipment
• Review vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for
compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution
• Identify deviations in job scope, estimates magnitude of changes, and initiates trends or change
• Select piping materials required, evaluate service life and suitability
• Prepare piping purchase descriptions for valves, pipe, fittings, and flanges, and other special piping components
• Calculate pipe wall thickness (pressure & vacuum), and make preliminary selections
• Review Piping and Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID) for proper valving and conformance to specification
• Develop pressure test P&ID as required
• Identify and select special piping components
• Check assigned line numbers, and line class specifications against master P&ID and pipe line list
• Perform stress analysis of complex systems using stress analysis software
• Pre-planning of supports for piping
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 139160BR
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.