At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
The purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative processes, technical knowledge, and direction as listed. This position has oversight of a specific area and acts as a representative of the department ensuring technical accuracy in project execution in all phases. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This role leads the engineering effort on assigned projects and is responsible for coordinating the individual Engineering Discipline Leads and the Project Document and Data Management (PDDM) Lead such that the most cost effective total project solution for executing engineering work is achieved.
• Direct and manage the interface between Engineering and the other disciplines on the project including Process Engineering, Project Controls, Project Management, Procurement and Contracts, Construction, and the client team
• Translate global strategic initiatives into procedures to be implemented on projects
• Act as a leader in applying Cost Competitive Execution techniques and develop the most cost- effective total project solution
• Ensure that the engineering work on the project is completed on schedule, meets Fluor’s quality standards including review meetings and checking procedures, performance is within the baseline effort hour and material budgets, required deliverables are produced, change management is executed in a timely manner, and Engineering Department Managers are apprised of issues related to their function
• Work with Discipline Leads and Engineering Department Managers to ensure that staffing levels are appropriate to achieve the engineering schedule commitments and personnel are assigned with appropriate ability
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 139678BR
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.