At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Missions Solutions provides the U.S. Departments of Defense, Energy and Homeland Security, as well as the Canadian government, with technology enabled solutions to deliver their most challenging projects.
From maintenance and operation of the nation’s highest profile nuclear sites and management of the world’s largest supply of emergency crude oil; to the support of tens of thousands of military personnel and the U.S. intelligence community, government customers turn to Fluor for innovative dependability. Additionally, Mission Solutions provides nuclear engineering support to the Energy Solutions business for their commercial nuclear projects.
Mission Solutions will continue to expand our presence by expertly delivering on the skills we already have, while consistently adding capabilities that allow us to pursue larger and more complex opportunities within both existing and adjacent markets.
The purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative processes, technical knowledge, and perform the work listed. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This position serves as an Area Lead on assigned projects or performs moderately complex engineering assignments, evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques to a medium set of difficult assignments.
• Apply Cost Competitive Execution techniques to develop the most cost-effective total project solution for execution of the discipline engineering work
• Develop and review specifications, including design criteria
• Participate in activities associated with equipment and material procurement, permitting, and subcontracting
• Assign work to teams, monitor and manage the work
• Perform and check calculations, specify equipment, and solve moderately complex engineering problems
• Review vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 136072BR
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.