At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
This position conducts work directly related to management or general business operations in an organization or functional area. The work requires advanced knowledge gained from a prolonged course of specialized instruction, experience, and expertise. The position includes work requiring the consistent exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
The Principal BIM Construction Coordinator performs the essential job duties and functions of Construction BIM Coordination on site, with the overall objective of establishing and delivering an execution framework on a medium to large sized, engineering, procurement, and construction / construction management (EPC/EPCM) or services project. The individual in this position reports directly to the project BIM Manager or Project Manager/Director. They are responsible for the support of construction BIM processes, interfacing with sub-contractors and vendors, and reporting to the client. The essential duties are Construction management on a BIM / VDC Level.
• Multi trade coordination (MEP Coordination) construction experience is preferred. Main focus will be on construction level Field BIM Coordination.
• Responsible for management of construction contractor BIM Execution to include but not limited to the following items:
o Responsible to bridge the gap between engineering and construction BIM / VDC execution. Provide guidance to Construction Contractors related to engineering approval process.
o Develop / Maintain BIM VDC schedule to ensure alignment with construction delivery.
o Implement and Manage 3D platforms to support BIM/VDC coordination execution (to include data management, material tracking, and schedule alignment)
o Responsible to make sure the Construction Contractors coordinate their LOD 400 Model dimensions when specific dimensions are not indicated in the IFC drawings or where drawings are schematic in nature.
o Verify and Audit Contractor’s means and methods for tracking Field Verification of all their Model dimensions when specific dimensions are indicated in the IFC drawings.
o Ensure and manage the Construction Contractors in Coordination of all shut-down and tie-in points identification, including those necessary for existing points of connections, new equipment interface points, or temporary services.
Ensure Contractors Field Verify and coordinate the locations of required seismic supports, other supporting devices, and hangers.
o Monitor subcontractor coordination of sleeves, seals, core drills, pop-outs, or pass-through devices to be set in walls, floors, or other structural components (e.g., columns and beams).
o Coordinate/Manage the project Federated Model update process to avoid conflicts and discrepancies (to include frequency, content, and delivery to the team).
o Manage the Construction aspects of BIM ACC Build Management and coordination.
o Schedule and facilitate regular BIM/VDC Coordination meeting(s) to support project execution (frequency to be determined).
o Manage Construction Contractors routing submissions to be included in the Federated/Integrated Model.
o Identifying and highlighting any potential clashes or discrepancies between the disciplines at an early stage.
o Ensuring that clashes and discrepancies are resolved in the best interest of the Project.
o Escalating issues that cannot be resolved to the appropriate personnel.
o Coordinating install tolerances.
o Ensuring that all Construction Contractors are aware of and are implementing agreed resolutions.
o Managing coordination between field personnel at the Worksite and the BIM design office teams.
• Provide BIM technical support, coordination leadership, and training to Project Team.
• Provide BIM Support on a medium to large size project and serve as the project’s support for BIM processes.
• As a key resource on a project team, the role requires collaboration at all levels, including: client representatives, Fluor management and functional leads.
• Be able to author, facilitate development/review of, and approval of a BIM Execution Plan for small to medium projects (or assist a BIM Manager in doing so for a large project)
• Be able to implement, train team, and execute BIM requirements on a project per the BIM Execution Plan (BEP).
• Work directly with Project Automation (CAD Support Group) to support Federated Model development and management.
• Facilitate BIM Coordination Meeting (Schedule, facilitate, and host Web Meetings).
• Responsible to implement and manage clash detection/management process (Focus on construction level content).
• Responsible to implement, train, and manage BIM Field tools.
• Able to establish and maintain File management for all electronic and hard copy BIM documents.
• Support full BIM project execution with flexibility for Integrated Project Delivery method.
• Work Face Planning integration
• Flexibility for Integrated Project Delivery (IPD)
• Responsible to work directly with the Lead Engineers and support the design teams (Internal Fluor and IPD Contractors) on the following areas as required:
o Review, verification, and incorporation of design models into the master Federated Model (working with Fluor automation team);
o Support BIM related issues as required;
o Development and implementation of project required BIM work processes;
o Support clash management process and provide oversight of the clash detection process (working with Systems Support (Project Automation)); and
o Perform design related interface with members of the Owner and A/E engineering team(s).
• Provide support of BIM collaboration site data management systems (Example; BIM 360, Fluor BIM Acceleration Tool (FBAT), Nucleus Interface)
• Support development of BIM coordination schedules, allocation of BIM resources and manage all aspects of coordination related activities.
• Coordination responsibility as it relates to implementation of project fabrication plans whereas the BIM Coordinator provides point of contact resources for efficient management of related issues.
• Work with other construction trades for coordination issues on client sites.
• Able to lead coordination meetings and document issues as required.
• Coordinate responsibilities as it relates to BIM implementation of fabrication plans.
• Participate in BIM / IPD seminars, training for continued learning experiences and knowledge of BIM / IPD local regulations.
• Utilize knowledge management processes to capture support and leverage relevant knowledge to enhance project execution.
• Participate in sales and marketing efforts as required.
Job ID: 141117BR
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.