Project Engineer - SME Support Project Initiation*
At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
The purpose of this position is to plan and perform work requiring sound technical/business judgment in the evaluation, organization, and execution of project management assignments worldwide. This role has the overall objective of managing and/or coordinating project activities that are in compliance with the contract and ensure the safety, quality, value, timeliness, and Fluor profitability of the completed project. This is a senior position that may assume Project Engineer, Area Project Manager or Engineering management job assignment responsibilities on a large size project, multiple medium size projects or complex segment of a larger project, in compliance with the project needs and per directions provided by the Project Director, Project Manager or the Engineering Manager.
• Perform essential project engineering functions involving monitoring of progress, preparation of procedures, documentation of communications and meetings, and identification/evaluation of project issues and problems
• Collaborate in management and coordination of activities among all project functions and engineering disciplines in accordance with the established project baseline documents
• Review project staffing requirements and coordinate staffing with supporting functional organization managers and/or subcontractors
• Support creation and coordination of overall project plans and schedules, and monitoring activities, progress, and milestones against the plans
• Support creation and coordination of project effort hours, and cost estimates and budgets, and monitor progress and cost performance against these
• Support coordination between design, procurement, material management and construction on technical and schedule requirements
• Assist the Project Director/Project Manager (PD/PM) in developing the required documentation to communicate (client/internal) project contractual and technical issues, status and progress reports; conduct/coordinate related meeting as necessary
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 142641BR
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.