Fluor Project Manager IV - Bridge in Greenville, South Carolina
The purpose of this position is to perform the essential job duties and functions as listed below with the overall objective of establishing an execution framework on the project that complies with the contract and ensures the safety, quality, value, timeliness, and Fluor profitability of the completed project. This position is accountable for performing all project management responsibilities on a medium to large sized, moderate risk engineering, procurement, fabrication, and construction/construction management (EPFC/CM) or services project or assigned responsibility for a substantial area of a mega project. When acting in the role of a Proposal Manager, this position is responsible for managing completion of technical and commercial proposals, providing proposed Fluor project organization, project planning, means and methods of project execution, schedule preparation, cost estimating, and commercial strategy.
• Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) are emphasized throughout all phases of the project
• Ensure execution of all aspects of the project in accordance with contractual obligations, Fluor’s Operating System Requirements (OSR) and the relevant Operating System Implementation Plan (OSIP)
• Ensure full compliance with Fluor prime contract with regard to client reporting, notifications, project system start-up and close-out requirements
• Ensure that project requirements for Baseline Centric Execution, safety, quality, and productivity are met in all locations managed by Fluor where work is being performed
• Establish the project baseline (as defined in the OSR) and ensure that it is fully documented, updated throughout all project phases, and appropriately communicated to the Fluor project team
• Deliver the project in accordance with the project execution and commercial baseline
The Project Manager/Construction Manager will be responsible for the following key activities:
• Overall responsibility for delivery of his/her project in line with contractual and financial targets;
• Provide leadership, direction and mentoring to large scale multi-disciplinary teams developing high quality solutions on time, to budget and to contract requirements;
• Ensure Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) is emphasized throughout all phases of the project and demonstrating operational excellence on topics such as HSE, construction operations, and team performance;
• Accountable for project commercial and contractual decisions to the limits outlined in the Fluor approval matrix and in accordance with the joint venture or LLC requirements;
• Establish the project execution plan and organize project forces appropriately;
• Lead development of execution strategies and operations facets of lump sum bids;
• Responsible to ensure projects are executed in accordance with Fluor’s Operating System Requirements and contractual quality assurance and execution documents;
• Create and maintain strong client relationships which can secure repeat business and expand Fluor’s footprint;
• Build meaningful relationships with partners, internal stakeholders and key suppliers;
• Leader of multi-disciplinary team. Develop a cohesive team and ensures an adequate range of competent resources are employed on the project;
• Actively engage in the sales process in conjunction with Sales, Estimating and partner management;
• Provide execution leadership in project offices to an integrated execution team; and
• Work with supporting Organization Managers and Human Resources to ensure adequate resources are maintained to serve the project as well as maintaining an engaged and competitive project workforce.
• Lead any scope change management, assuring that all scope and services are properly bound by the prime contract documents.
• Manage all risks associated with the execution of the work, to include being the driver for the focus for on-going risk assessment and associated mitigation efforts.
• Communicate with executive management and key Stakeholders on a routine basis as to the status of the Project, issues and concerns, changes in financial or schedule performance, potential problems, risk concern issues, safety issues or any concerns or issues that may affect overall Project performance.
• Maintain productive relationships with key Project stakeholders including contractors, joint venture partners, customers, lenders, independent engineers, local communities, governments and key regulatory agencies.
• Maintain a continuous and focused effort to execute all activity according to the as-sold basis for all of the baseline documents, including regular reporting to senior management on the status thereof.
• Assure that all forecasts and progress reporting is accurate and timely.
• Analyze situations, identify and forecast pertinent problems and evaluate realistic options; recommend/implement appropriate courses (or changes) of action.
• Organize and prioritize a variety of complex projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines.
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards.
• Coordinate and implement indirect activities, internal and external, required to support a productive project execution; including functional staff support, support craft activities, and any other resource necessary to assure a safe and quality project execution.
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 100985BR
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.