At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
The Senior BIM Manager performs the essential job duties
and functions of Building Information Modeling (BIM), with the overall objective of establishing and delivering an
execution framework on a medium to large sized,
engineering, procurement and construction / construction
management (EPC/EPCM) or services project. The
individual in this position reports directly to the Project Director, or Regional Manager of Projects for
multiple projects. They are responsible for the
management and supervision of BIM process
implementation and coordination activities to include
oversight of the master Federated Model, leading of the
coordination and model review meetings, and responsible
to ensure incorporation of required model modifications
including quality assurance review of the final model.
Provides supervision of BIM Coordinators on large complex
projects and oversight of BIM coordinators assigned on
multiple smaller projects.
Responsible to plan, implement, and execute the Building
Information Modeling (BIM) requirements for a project.
• Responsible for providing BIM technical and
administrative direction, coordination, evaluation, training,
and coaching to the project BIM coordinator (s) and
associated Project Execution team.
• Develop, implement, and train project team on a project
specific BIM Execution Plan (BEP).
• Serves as a BIM Development & Implementation
Manager on a medium to large size project and as a BIM
Expert for the entire project team.
• Potential to serve as BIM Development & Implementation Manager for the Business Line and Company.
• As a key resource on a project team, the role requires
collaboration at all levels, including: client representatives,
Fluor BIM coordinator(s), Fluor management and
• Understand and align with Fluor data centric execution
practices to capture, track and report required data
• Develop standards, job bulletins and other required
documents to support full project execution with flexibility
for Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) method and work
with project BIM coordinator(s) to implement on a project
• Work Face Planning integration
• Validated software option
• Interoperability between various software
• Flexibility for Integrated Project Delivery (IPD)
• Develop cost, schedule and commercial baseline for BIM
development and implementation as required.
• Analyze variances in cost and schedule performance
against the plan, and communicate the reasons for the
issuance of variance and proposed mitigation plans to
• Responsible for the development and oversight of BIM
collaboration site data management systems (Example;
BIM 360/ACC, Industry Data Standards (COBie), Fluor BIM
Acceleration Tool (FBAT), Nucleus Interface) and train BIM
Coordinator(s) as required).
• Lead coordination responsibility as it relates to
implementation of project fabrication plans whereas the
BIM Coordinator provides point of contact resources for
efficient management of related issues.
• Direct responsibility for the assurance model quality
(accuracy, clash free, and meets design intent).
• Participate in BIM / IPD seminars, training for continued
learning experiences and knowledge of BIM / IPD local
• Participate in Fluor University courses for continued
• Participate in oversight and implementation of the Fluor
BIM software toolset, application interfaces, and data
mapping between the BIM toolset and other Fluor project
• Utilize knowledge management processes to capture
support and leverage relevant knowledge to enhance
• Work with Construction leads to align BIM Processes with project execution construction work packages and project schedule delivery.
• Ensure that BIM processes are aligned with Construction
best practices and take into account constructability
• Participate in sales and marketing efforts as required.
Job ID: 138298BR
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.