Fluor Senior Marketing Specialist in Greenville, South Carolina
Fluor’s Infrastructure Group is growing to meet increasing volume in the global infrastructure market .The Infrastructure Pursuit Team supports the business line to prepare and submit project-specific qualifications, proposals, and general marketing activities. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Proposal Manager to work with an established core team while providing your own unique perspective to help us grow.
Responsibilities: The Proposal Manager owns the proposal delivery strategy and oversees all proposal activities, including directing proposal personnel, managing proposal schedules and deadlines, developing proposal outline and compliance matrix, and monitoring the progress of the proposal. He/she will develop and manage proposal compliance matrices; write outlines, section directives and mock-ups; and will establish production schedules and develop resource plans to ensure a timely response. The Proposal Manager must possess demonstrated experience to facilitate, coordinate and manage all phases of pursuits.
Candidate should have work experience that demonstrates a broad view of business including development of long-term visions, strategic thinking, effective communications, team building, knowledge of personal computing technologies, and application of internet resources. Strong written and verbal communications skills are critical to this position. The position will require the candidate to travel in support of assigned pursuit(s).
• Assist the Sales Lead and Bid Director in managing and directing all proposal efforts, resources and budget
• Participate in the development and review of proposal strategies and themes, and manage the development of a Proposal Management Plan (PMP)
• Direct the creation and review of a proposal outline that will be used as a key document design and control medium
• Assist in analyzing the RFP/bid requirements against the proposal outline to ensure both compliance and responsiveness to the customer’s issues and needs
• Build the proposal compliance matrix and proposal delivery schedule and track the fulﬁllment of all requirements
• Review completed storyboards and proposal sections to ensure requirements are adequately addressed and that customer page limits are not exceeded
• Conduct regular proposal progress status meetings and maintain the proposal delivery schedule
• Develop a Pink Team (storyboard review) plan for the interim review and internal evaluation of the technical, management, and overall proposal approaches
• Direct writing/editing/rewriting efforts, as needed
• Work with the Technical Editor and Lead Authors to ensure writing is compelling and compliant
• Develop a Red Team plan for the ﬁnal review and internal evaluation of the proposal
• Ensure that appropriate Red Team comments are incorporated into the ﬁnal proposal
Direct the Volume Manager and Technical Editor in all proposal development and production activities
Other reasonable and normal duties associated with the Proposal Manager position, as directed by the Pursuit Director/Sales Lead/Bid Director.
• Supports Regional Sales Leads to identify and pursue business opportunities within existing and new business areas
• Supports the development and presentation of bid recommendations
• Facilitate the development of win strategy, themes and discriminators
• Support the preparation of competitor analysis to support the bid strategy
• Supports the development and implementation of marketing communications plans for assigned pursuits
• Develops proposal execution plan and proposal schedules
• Establishes and manages the proposal team
• Develops bid and proposal cost estimates and manages the approved proposal budget
• Coordinates all internal and external resources necessary to prepare proposals (IT needs, etc.)
• Establishes and manages proposal shared network systems
• Coordinates with corporate departments and directs functional department efforts (e.g. finance, contracts, HR) to ensure an integrated approach
• Supports the development and briefing of milestone reviews and bid/no-bid recommendations
• Leads the development and execution of specified milestone and color review teams
• Participates in the response to the color reviews; edits content for proper grammar, logic, and readability; and polishes document to incorporate missing strategy elements.
• Contributes to the development of all proposal volumes
• Oversees development and presentation of orals when required
• Maintains pursuit status and documentation in the business development information systems
• Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures
• Develops relationships with key subcontractors and design firms
Job ID: 109812BR
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.