At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
This position conducts work directly related to management or general business operations in an organization or functional area. The work requires advanced knowledge gained from a prolonged course of specialized instruction, experience, and expertise. The position includes work requiring the consistent exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
The purpose of this position is to ensure compliance throughout the supply chain organization. The position will require advising on compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including FAR, DFARS, and federal procurement statutes and regulations. This position provides oversight for contract management activities on Fluor projects. This role assures compliance with all statutes, regulations, and contract terms and conditions. The Principal, Contract Manager will provide training to contract administrators on Fluor’s and Project practices.
The purpose of this position is to perform the essential job duties and functions listed below with the overall objective of helping to improve the Corporation’s overall business performance, deliver added value to our shareholders, reduce leakage, and promote consistent and cost effective solutions across strategic business units, projects, and locations. This position provides oversight for contract management activities on Fluor projects generally as a lead over several minor or a few major contracts within a Fluor project. This role assures, through assigned contract administrators, compliance with all statutes, regulations, and contract terms and conditions. The position requires the contract manager to report to project, department and company senior leadership on the health of the assigned project(s); participate in developing and approving contracting strategies generally directly reporting through an intermediate senior contract manager. The individual will review and approve contract awards with their delegated authority. The Principal, Contract Manager will provide limited supervisory oversight but will act as a lead for the contract execution of assigned contracts and provide training to contract administrators on Fluor’s and Project practices.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide corporate-wide focus on efforts relating to companies and government laws and regulations.
• Performs administrative duties in reviewing and investigating compliance with specific sections of contractual agreements according to regulation.
• Includes oversight responsibility for government contract compliance audit and training functions.
• Establishes policies and updates company acquisition manual on variety of acquisition matters.
• Has a good understanding of the principles of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) and their practical applicability in contracting.
• Experience in identifying laws and regulations in Prime Contracts. Assisting in the determination of what clauses would need to be flowdown to our supply base and managed by the procurement and contract staff.
• Participate and coordinate the response details of government and internal audits.
• Participate in various government related reporting to include FAR 52.204-10 FFATA/FSRS reporting
• Develop standard contract templates for a procurement and contract staff and provide training
• Analyze commercial sections of proposals.
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely
manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Effectively develop and apply the Core Skills to the job
• May need to travel to attend to business related matters
• Meet expectations on attendance and punctuality
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 140970BR
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.