Fluor Heat Transfer Equipment Engineer in Hoofddorp, Netherlands
As a Heat Transfer Equipment engineer you will be part of our Mechanical Engineering group. In this role you are technically responsible for the heat transfer equipment for a large variety of international brown field, grass root & revamp facilities for petrochemical, oil, chemical, gas & industrial services. You need to be familiar with industry codes and standards such as HTRI, API, ASME, ISO and PED. Work comprises of conceptual design, basic engineering, extended basic engineering and detailed design for reimbursable & lump sum projects.
Your tasks and responsibilities include:
• Thermal rating of shell & tube heat exchangers and air cooled heat exchangers
• Calculations for equipment selection and (preliminary) equipment sizing
• Preparation of material requisitions for inquiry and purchase
• Preparation & review of technical evaluations of supplier bids
• Review of supplier drawings & documents
• Attendance of supplier meetings & resolving supplier related issues
• Participation in inspections and factory acceptance tests
• Coordinate & interface with engineering disciplines like process, piping, electrical, control systems and civil for equipment & facility design
• Plan the execution of the work, track progress & report to the Mechanical Lead Engineer
• Occasional travel to project, client or vendor sites
Fluor Amsterdam is part of Fluor Corporation, a leading engineering consultant with more than 60.000 employees worldwide. Fluor supports various industries, ranging from Energy & Chemicals to Power, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Power and more. Additionally, Fluor is partial owner of several construction yards across the globe. And we have recently acquired Stork, thereby greatly expanding our asset management capabilities. We offer strategic support to our clients across the globe 24/7, in all phases of the project life-cycle.
Fluor Amsterdam in Hoofddorp is a leading engineering consultant specialized in managing large and complex petrochemical and life sciences projects predominantly in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Our office culture is very diverse: we have over 30 different nationalities in a workforce of about 700 employees. We are currently involved with one of the largest projects in Fluor ever: the design and construction of a new refinery in Kuwait.
Job ID: 109640BR
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.