At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Fluor BV is part of Fluor Corporation based in the U.S., a professional and technical solutions provider focusing on Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Maintenance (EPCM) with more than 45000 employees and 34 offices in 50 different countries worldwide. We especially focus on opportunities emerging in the energy transition and circular economy including carbon capture, green chemicals and hydrogen, plastic recycling, bio- and e-fuels and other sustainable projects. Working for Fluor you could be at the leading edge in energy transition and sustainable projects that will impact our future. At the same time, Fluor continues to be active in the oil, gas, chemicals and petrochemical industries.
In industry the bulk of the energy consumption is driven by the demand for thermal energy. As a Heat Transfer equipment engineer you will be technically responsible for the heat transfer equipment for both energy transition and sustainability projects, as for a large variety of international brown field, grass root & revamp facilities in petrochemical, oil, chemical, gas & industrial services. Work comprises of conceptual design, basic engineering, extended basic engineering & detailed design for reimbursable & lump sum projects. The successful candidate will have experience working in a team of engineers in a multi-discipline project environment. The engineer will perform the thermal rating of shell and tube heat exchangers and air-cooled heat exchangers, and will work on various heat transfer equipment such as multi-tube exchangers, plate & frame heat exchangers, welded block exchangers, air cooled heat exchangers, cooling towers, electrical heaters, etc. Close interaction & cooperation with world wide equipment suppliers is required
We are looking for an enthusiastic engineer to strengthen our Mechanical Team!
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Thermal rating of shell & tube heat exchangers and air-cooled heat exchangers
• Calculations for equipment selection and (preliminary) equipment sizing
• Preparation of material requisitions for inquiry and purchase
• Preparation & review of technical evaluations of supplier bids
• Review of supplier drawings & documents
• Attend supplier meetings & resolve supplier related issues
• Participate in inspections and factory acceptance tests
• Coordinate / interface with engineering disciplines like process, piping, electrical, control systems and civil for equipment & facility design
• Plan the execution of the work, track progress & report to the Mechanical Lead Engineer
What Fluor can offer:
• You will work in a diverse, collaborative team with an open culture
• International dynamic working environment with opportunities for assignments around the world
• Excellent learning opportunities to enhance knowledge via internal & external sources
• Dynamic & diverse work environment
• 36-40 hours workweek
• Activity based working: Flexible work space, with the option to work from home
Job ID: 141882BR
State: North Holland
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.