At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Fluor BV is part of Fluor Corporation based in the U.S., a professional and technical solutions provider focusing on Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Maintenance (EPCM) with more than 45000 employees and 34 offices in 50 different countries worldwide. We especially focus on opportunities emerging in the energy transition and circular economy including carbon capture, green chemicals and hydrogen, plastic recycling, bio- and e-fuels and other sustainable projects. Working for Fluor you could be at the leading edge in energy transition and sustainable projects that will impact our future. At the same time, Fluor continues to be active in the oil, gas, chemicals and petrochemical industries.
The Piping Design & Engineering group is a dynamic team in which engineering, design and leadership skills are combined to effectively support our clients. In addition to a solid education focusing on engineering and/or design, a strong set of personal competencies is a prerequisite for success. Being a team player and having an ability to interact effectively with client’s organization and others disciplines in our taskforce is essential.
In these projects the Piping design team is responsible for the routing of pipe systems, and the complete lay-out of the plant. E.g. Equipment locations, locations of new structures and platforms.
Fluor’s target industries are Oil & GAS, Chemicals, Renewable Energy solutions, life science and advanced manufacturing.
They work within a task force for the realization of multi-discipline projects in close cooperation with vendors and clients to translate functional specifications into technical solutions.
Are you eager to learn and you have an Engineering background? Curious and innovative? To expand our Piping Design & Engineering group we are looking for a Junior Piping Engineer.
The purpose of this position is to, under general supervision, perform and check calculations and design related to Piping materials.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Under general supervision, perform and check calculations and design
• Work independently and provide guidance and mentorship to less experienced engineers
• Work with project/client/field, material procurement, permit, and subcontract activities
• Write/review specifications
• Prepare and perform to estimates, schedules, man-hour, manpower, and material forecasts
• Assist in audits
• Assist, as required, in the development of department standards and procedures
• Utilize vendor data and work with personnel from other disciplines as required for the performance of designs
• Actively participate in, promote, and maximize the use of, Fluor’s Knowledge Community and other available resources
• Support the Discipline Excellence Leader on assignments, as required
• Perform squad check of vendor data and drawings from other disciplines
• Travel, as required, to ensure the successful execution of project and/or department goals
• Actively participate in external technical seminars and self-enroll in advance management training courses
• Develop client relations
• Focus on performance development input and counseling
• Provide closer interface with, and promote understanding of, other discipline functions
Job ID: 141568BR
State: North Holland
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.