At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Fluor BV is part of Fluor Corporation based in the U.S., a professional and technical solutions provider focusing on Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Maintenance (EPCM) with more than 45000 employees and 34 offices in 50 different countries worldwide. We especially focus on opportunities emerging in the energy transition and circular economy including carbon capture, green chemicals and hydrogen, plastic recycling, bio- and e-fuels and other sustainable projects.
Working for Fluor you could be at the leading edge in energy transition and sustainable projects that will impact our future. At the same time, Fluor continues to be active in the oil, gas, chemicals and petrochemical industries.
As a Mechanical Lead Engineer you will lead the project “end to end” for the mechanical scope in close collaboration with all stakeholders (internal external) in the project during Engineering, Procurement and/or Construction phases. You will be working in a team of diverse engineers, located in several Fluor offices around the globe, in a multi-discipline project environment. For this, well developed communication interpersonal skills, willingness to work in a collaborative project task force, generating fostering internal external client relationships are required.
Principal Job Duties Responsibilities:
• Develop implement project overall mechanical strategies and execution plans), in close relation with the overall project leadership team
• Manage project overall mechanical budget and planning in a multi-office project execution
• Build a team in a multi-discipline, multi-office complex project environment
• Support creating an environment in which people continuously learn, develop and grow
• Connect and maintain relationships with key internal and external clients, suppliers and contactors
• Supervise the definition of fit for purpose and cost effective specifications for various equipment such as pressure vessels, tanks, pumps, compressors, heat exchangers, fired heaters, special process equipment and material handling equipment for inquiry and purchase
• Prepare review technical evaluations of supplier bids, review of supplier drawings documents and attend supplier meetings
• Monitor (critical) supplier / subcontractor manufacturing process and support in (quickly) resolving supplier / subcontractor related issues
• Provide direction to and monitor results of the mechanical quality control and assurance plan
Job ID: 141011BR
State: North Holland
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.