At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Fluor BV is part of Fluor Corporation based in the U.S., a professional and technical solutions provider focusing on Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Maintenance (EPCM) with more than 45000 employees and 34 offices in 50 different countries worldwide. We especially focus on opportunities emerging in the energy transition and circular economy including carbon capture, green chemicals and hydrogen, plastic recycling, bio- and e-fuels and other sustainable projects. Working for Fluor you could be at the leading edge in energy transition and sustainable projects that will impact our future. At the same time, Fluor continues to be active in the oil, gas, chemicals and petrochemical industries.
The Piping Design & Engineering group is a dynamic team in which engineering, design and leadership skills are combined to effectively support our clients. In addition to a solid education focusing on engineering and/or design, a strong set of personal competencies is a prerequisite for success. Being a team player and having an ability to interact effectively with client’s organization and others disciplines in our taskforce is essential.
Fluor’s target industries are Oil & GAS, Chemicals, Renewable Energy solutions, life science and advanced manufacturing.
They work within a task force for the realization of multi-discipline projects in close cooperation with vendors and clients to translate functional specifications into technical solutions.
To expand our Piping Design & Engineering group we are looking for experienced Senior Piping Lead Engineer.
Your key responsibilities:
• Enjoy building an effective team
• Perform design development in several project phases e.g., conceptual design, Front-end Engineering & design and detail engineering.
• Willing to lead multi-office Piping design and engineering teams during the project life cycle
• Supervise and act as mentor for a group of junior and intermediate level designers/ engineers
• Develop and Control the Piping scope of work
• Proficient in making piping effort hour estimates, schedule review, planning, progress reporting, change management
• Proficient in preparation of Scope of Work for Engineering and Construction/Fabrication Subcontracts.
• Have proficiency & experience to execute projects in 3D modeling platforms (Smart3D, E3D etc.)
• Leads various Design Reviews (Model Reviews, Plot Plan reviews)
• Experience in executing Greenfield as well as Brownfield projects.
• Design and plant commissioning for integration of new facilities in revamp type project
• Input to Basic Engineering Design Packages
• Writing of contractor’s scope of work
• Supervision, planning, organization of the work
Assign, monitor and manage the work
Communicate, co-ordinate and align with clients, vendors and other disciplines.
• Promote and support Value improvements initiatives and Continuous Performance Improvement
Works independently, controls / leads small teams
Have practical knowledge of piping installations at field.
• Have good understanding of flow of work within piping sub-disciplines (namely design, stress, material engineering, material control) and necessary interfaces with other engineering disciplines.
• Have good understanding of
Assure quality of work assigned
Assure technical integrity of design documents
Proactive reporting project status and constraints to the Piping Lead
• Support Department in various initiative & developmental activities
Job ID: 141522BR
State: North Holland
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.