Fluor LNG Commissioning Director in Houston, Texas
The purpose of this position is to perform the essential commissioning management job duties and functions as listed below for LNG projects with the overall objective of defining and establishing a pre-commissioning / commissioning / turnover (commissioning) execution framework on the project(s) and ensuring the safety, quality, value, timeliness, and Fluor profitability of the assigned project(s). This includes developing, managing and executing all commissioning and related activities in conformance with company policies and procedures, contracts, plans, specifications, schedules, and cost estimates. This role directs all staff in all functions necessary in their roles to meet or exceed all project commissioning objectives. This position requires authoritative knowledge and background, holistic grasp of complex situations with the ability to move between intuitive and analytical approaches with ease, and see the overall picture and alternative approaches.
This role includes responsibilities on sales pursuits, proposals, studies, Front End Engineering Designs (FEEDs), large or mega sized and moderate to high risk engineering, procurement and fabrication/construction/construction management (EPC/EPCM) LNG projects. This position may be assigned responsibility for multiple projects at various stages of development or a single large or mega LNG project. The LNG Commissioning Manager will work closely with the LNG Business & Technology Team, the Construction Group, Sales, Project, Proposal and Engineering Managers. This position will be responsible for functionally developing, managing and delivering the means and methods of the commissioning execution strategy, schedule and cost. This position will typically be the lead person directing all commissioning activity for a project including the lead staff position responsible for and directing all commissioning activities at the site.
• Adheres to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Sustainability Policies. Ensure HSE is emphasized throughout all commissioning activities. Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed.
• Ensures execution of all commissioning aspects of the assigned project(s) in accordance with Fluor policies and procedures, Quality Program, project plans and contractual obligations.
• Leads and directs all functions necessary to safely and efficiently execute the scope.
• Leads commissioning activity during proposals, studies, FEEDs and EPC/EPCM phases of LNG projects.
• Participates in proposal and project reviews with specific focus on pre-commissioning, turnover, commissioning, testing and hand-over execution issues, field staffing requirements, cost estimates, project schedules, and project risk issues.
• Participates in reviews (including red team and project reviews) of active Fluor projects to ensure that project performance is in accordance with plan.
• Ensures best practices by developing and implementing turnover, pre-commissioning, commissioning, preservation and maintenance processes and systems considering and including: contractual requirements, project and construction schedule, reliability, maintenance, materials management and change management.
• Provides functional leadership and works with the LNG Business/Technology team to develop and ensure consistent implementation of turnover, pre-commissioning and commissioning strategies, practices, and processes across LNG projects.
• Provides functional leadership to provide planned, documented, and managed engineering and construction approaches to the turnover and/or commissioning requirements for pre-commissioning, commissioning, start-up, operations and testing and final hand-over of facilities, systems, and equipment to the client.
• Responsible for developing, preparing and managing the approved turnover/commissioning estimates and budget
• Responsible for developing and maintaining the system centric integrated turnover/commissioning schedule, controlling all costs associated with commissioning labor and equipment, developing a turnover/commissioning plan, managing commissioning personnel, and integrating activities with project, engineering and construction activities and deliverables.
• Establishes system boundaries, scopes of work, and turnover / commissioning execution plans.
• Communicates turnover / commissioning roles and scope for members of design and construction teams; understands the commissioning test plans/protocols, and coordinates and/or attends design, construction and operability reviews.
• As required, participates in client, supplier, partner, and/or subcontractor meetings to assist in strategies to win projects or resolving issues.
• Participates in subcontracting plans for pre-commissioning, commissioning, turnover, training, testing and start up activities.
• Prepares turnover / commissioning progress reports, develops written test procedures, coordinates, witnesses, and documents startup and functional tests.
• Typically manages a staff and provides an environment for the development and professional advancement of staff members, including on-the-job and formal training and development opportunities and, timely performance feedback.
• Organizes and prioritize a variety of complex projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines.
• Aligns and incorporates new team members through coaching and/or other orientation practices.
• Understands the capabilities of commissioning and turnover tools and ensures that they are being utilized to the full benefit of the projects.
• Achieves business goals by hiring qualified candidates, communicating job expectations; conducting and approving performance appraisals; conducting salary administration, coaching, counseling and disciplining employees.
• Enhances skills, performance and development of all employees by sponsoring and promoting training programs so that adherence to specifications is ensured and work of the highest quality prevails.
• Other duties as assigned.
Job ID: 125318BR
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.