Fluor LNG Lead Piping and Layout Designer in Houston, Texas
The purpose of this position is to perform the essential piping design and facility layout job duties
and functions as listed below for LNG projects.
The Lead LNG Piping Designer will lead, prepare, design and develop overall site, plant layout and general arrangement drawings, implement design reviews and conduct modularization studies. Responsibilities include support preliminary and feasibility study work with follow-through to basic and detailed engineering and construction. The Lead LNG Piping Designer will coordinate layout work with the work of other engineering disciplines, check drawings prepared by others for quality and accuracy, review vendor drawings, organize work to meet project priorities, and provide technical guidance.
This role includes supporting responsibilities on sales pursuits, proposals, studies, Front End Engineering Designs (FEEDs), large or mega sized and moderate to high-risk engineering, procurement and fabrication/construction/construction management (EPC/EPFC/EPCM) LNG projects. This position may be assigned to multiple projects at various stages of development or a single large LNG project. This position will work closely within the LNG Business Team, supporting Sales, Projects and Proposals as well as interfacing with other disciplines such as Machinery, Heat Exchangers, Piping and other functions.
This position will be responsible for delivering the designs and layouts for units including gas treating, dehydration, NGL recovery, refrigeration systems (single, multicomponent / mixed) for LNG liquefaction, re-gasification, storage and loading terminals. This position will typically be under the lead of a project,, engineering, technology or proposal manager for design related activities for a project, proposal or internal development initiative.
The role includes executing all activities in conformance with company policies and procedures, contracts, plans, specifications, schedules, and cost estimates. This role performs all functions necessary to meet or exceed all project objectives. This position requires confident knowledge and background, holistic grasp of complex situations with the ability to move between intuitive and analytical approaches with ease, and see the overall picture and alternative approaches.
The ideal candidate will be responsible to:
• Quickly create conceptual plant layouts from preliminary Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs) using knowledge of plant design (Site Layout, Plant Layout, Materials Handling, Piping Design and Modularization or Site Erection implementation)
• Present layout, modularization and site erection alternatives to clients and team members
• Lead and coordinate the development of conceptual design through to detailing, fabrication and construction stages using 2D and 3D CADD software
• Give direction, supervise, motivate and lead a team of designers
• Provide inputs to schedules, estimates, progress reports, minutes of meetings, and manpower forecasts
• Estimate and check accuracy of deliverables, staffing plans and hours, and conformance to pertinent codes, governing regulations, industry practices, etc.
• Provide input into drawing lists, material take-offs and participate in reviews
• Evaluate performance appraisal input and administer counseling
• Able to travel on short site or office out-of-town fact gathering trips and/or longer-term site assignments
• Coordinate with engineers and designers, management and further development of the team
• Coordinate with various internal teams, customers or service providers
• Independently handle projects within the LNG across all project phases and participation in cross-departmental meetings and reporting
• Record the actual conditions with regard to piping systems, system components in the systems
• Installation planning of the system, preparation of technical and piping fabrication documents
• Create piping lists, isometrics, material lists, assembly lists
• Creation and control of documents and drawings
Job ID: 125321BR
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.