Fluor LNG Process Engineer in Houston, Texas
The purpose of this position is to perform the essential process design job duties and functions as listed below for LNG projects. This includes executing all process design and related activities in conformance with company policies and procedures, contracts, plans, specifications, schedules, and cost estimates. This role performs all functions necessary to meet or exceed all project process objectives. This position requires confident knowledge and background, holistic grasp of complex situations with the ability to move between intuitive and analytical approaches with ease, and see the overall picture and alternative approaches.
This role includes supporting responsibilities on sales pursuits, proposals, studies, Front End Engineering Designs (FEEDs), large or mega sized and moderate to high risk engineering, procurement and fabrication/construction/construction management (EPC/EPFC/EPCM) LNG projects. This position may be assigned to multiple projects at various stages of development or a single large or mega LNG project. This position will work closely within the LNG Business Team, supporting Sales, Projects and Proposals as well as interfacing with other disciplines such as Machinery, Heat Exchangers, Piping and other functions.
This position will be responsible for delivering the process designs for units including gas treating, dehydration, NGL recovery, refrigeration systems (single, multi-component
/ mixed) for LNG liquefaction, re-gasification, storage and loading terminals. This position will typically be under the lead of a process, technology or engineering manager for process design related activities for a project, proposal or internal development initiative.
Adheres to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Sustainability Policies. Ensure HSE is emphasized throughout all process design activities. Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed.
• Execution of all process design aspects of the assigned project(s) in accordance with Fluor policies and procedures, Quality Program, project plans and contractual obligations.
• Performs all functions necessary to safely and efficiently execute the process scope.
• Process design planning and schedule efforts during proposals, studies, FEEDs and EPC/EPCM phases of projects.
• Identification of opportunities, risks (and their mitigations) for process design related issues
• Works with process, project, engineering and procurement teams to identify process design needs to support the project schedule.
• Works with commissioning and construction to identify and plan system turn-over requirements to support timely facility start-up.
• Participates in process, safety, design and constructability review program(s).
• Executes work according to the process plan, including the exchange of information and ensuring effective communication and the addressing and tracking of needs, requirements, and issues
• Interprets the intent and requirements of the basis of design documents; ensures process deliverables meet their requirements
• Controls process work to meet schedule and cost through the efficient work practices
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 125314BR
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.