Fluor Director II, Accounting in Irving, Texas
Fluor is one of the largest professional services firms, providing engineering, procurement, construction, fabrication and modularization, commissioning and maintenance, as well as project management services, on a global basis. Fluor is currently seeking a Technical Accounting Director for its Corporate Accounting department located at their Dallas Headquarters’ office in Irving, Texas.
The Director, Technical Accounting is primarily responsible for providing technical accounting advice to executive and business unit financial management, implementing new accounting standards and driving certain external financial reporting processes.
• Provide timely and accurate technical accounting advice to executive and business unit financial management on complex issues, including project accounting, revenue recognition, joint ventures and variable interest entities, organizational restructurings, operating and reportable segments, stock-based compensation, lease accounting, fair value, financial instruments and foreign currency matters
• Collaborate with business unit financial management to research and resolve complex project related accounting issues. Prepare white papers and related memorandums to clearly and concisely document the company’s position on such matters.
• Assist the external financial reporting department in ensuring compliance with SEC, FASB and other regulatory requirements, including preparation and review of Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, Form 11-K, SEC comment letters, earnings releases, conference call scripts and other regulatory filings
• Direct world-wide implementation and compliance with new accounting standards. Educate senior management on the implications of new accounting standards on a timely basis.
• Provide financial and accounting advice in support of new business development opportunities and sales proposals. Perform due diligence and purchase accounting assessments in connection with mergers and acquisitions.
• Assist with the development of company policies, procedures and internal control processes relating to financial reporting and technical accounting matters to ensure compliance with requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley. Coordinate testing of internal controls with internal and external auditors.
• Coordinate with Treasury and business unit management on hedging strategies and related accounting implications
• Perform various ad-hoc financial analyses as requested by senior management and/or the business (e.g. proposal support, etc.)
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 117590BR
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.