Fluor International Benefits Manager in Irving, Texas
Fluor Corporation is one of the world's largest, publicly owned engineering, procurement, construction, and maintenance services companies. Consistently rated as one of the world's safest contractors, Fluor's primary objective is to develop, execute, and maintain capital projects on schedule, within budget, and with operational excellence. The individual and collective expertise of our global workforce of more than 46,000 provides cost-effective, intelligent solutions in a timely manner. In addition to project offices, Fluor maintains a network of offices in more than 25 countries across 6 continents.
Fluor’s Benefits Department is seeking an International Benefits Manager to join us and help influence and drive change across Fluor’s global footprint. This key team member will be responsible for enhancing and developing new processes, responsible for partnering with our Regional and Local Subject Matter Experts to provide support with their international benefit needs supporting expats and locals while filling this role to perform complex analyses regarding the design, development, implementation and communication of international benefits programs to ensure each country operation’s has the ability to attract, retain, develop, motivate and reward qualified employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for Benefits administration, communication, compliance of local benefit programs and partnering with Fluor’s Global Broker. With general direction from the Director, International Benefits, assists with complex analyses including research and recommendations regarding the design, development, implementation, interpretation and communication of international benefit programs. Provides input regarding the global benefit guidelines and strategy in order to incorporate global consistency in programs and policies.
• Maintains effective relationships with external international consultants, brokers, local country and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in order to manage the consultant relationship to deliver timely, targeted and cost effective benefit solutions. Serves as primary contact for Global Broker and provides support with renewals, bids, plan design changes, preparing business case for Global Benefits Committee.
• Functions as an internal subject matter expert for the international data repository with the Global broker Assists with the evaluation of current international benefit programs such as company car allowance/policies, retirement programs, leave policies, health and welfare programs, etc., through research/surveys and helps by providing necessary support in analyzing trends to ensure programs are competitive and in-line with mandatory requirements. Is able to review and discuss legal compliance of the various international benefit programs, if needed.
• Assists with monitoring local market trends that may affect international benefit practices and competitive positioning. Partners with Global Compensation to complete various international benefits surveys, where support is needed, in order to provide benchmark analysis information to management to ensure adequate understanding of local market dynamics and developments. Helps conduct research to assist in providing guidance in the development and positioning of competitive and cost-efficient benefit programs in emerging markets.
• Provides support to local HR staff in the understanding, development and communication of less complex new and existing benefit plans.
• Works closely with HR colleagues to provide guidance and understanding of the cultural differences that affect international benefit design and practices.
• Keeps abreast of changes in trends in international human resources and helps monitor individual country benefit legislation to identify any potential issues or opportunities. Attends international human resource and other professional development seminars to further knowledge of international human resources operations.
• Administer expatriate benefit program, including annual enrollment, appeals, escalations, plan documents and manage the expat insurance vendor(s) relationship
This list of essential duties is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
Job ID: 110181BR
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.