Fluor Senior Tax Manager, International Tax Planning and Research in Irving, Texas
Fluor Corporation NYSE:FLR), a Fortune 500 engineering, procurement, construction, fabrication and maintenance company, is looking to add a Senior Tax Manager, International Tax Planning and Research position. This position will be located at our Corporate Headquarters office in Irving, Texas.
This role will report to the Director, International Tax and have a primary focus on all aspects of international tax planning and reporting. This position will work closely with business partners and members of the tax department to structure and understand transactions, restructurings, and business initiatives. This will require that the candidate have an understanding of the companies transfer pricing methodology and work closely with the transfer pricing/global tax team. It will also require partnering with the tax management team and business line leaders to develop holistic tax strategies. This role will ensure production and maintenance of documented tax technical advice on the U.S. and local country tax impacts of business activities to support reporting, compliance and on-going tax controversy. In order to be successful, the candidate must possess the ability to think strategically while also engaging in day-to-day tactical details. Based on available time and department resource needs, this position will have a secondary level of responsibility to support and assist the Tax Manager, International Compliance in meeting the company’s U.S. federal tax filing requirements. Strong communication and project leadership skills are critical to succeeding in this position.
• Participates in the planning, development and implementation of various tax planning initiatives in order to maximize the corporation’s cash flows and minimize the effective tax rate.
• Participate/support Transfer Pricing Team in review of value chain/transfer pricing planning and valuations relating to planning transactions impacting international tax.
• Manage and provide transactional support to quantify U.S. and non-U.S. tax implications on various international transactions including mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, liquidations and reorganizations of legal entities or business units.
• Document significant tax positions globally.
• Lead or assist in various repatriation strategies to return cash to the U.S. from various jurisdictions in a cash efficient manner.
• Communicate with finance, treasury, legal and business line management regarding planning opportunities and reporting matters.
• Lead or assist in research and preparation of supporting documentation of various international tax issues to support U.S. and non-U.S. tax filing positions.
• Perform research and develop alternative structures to address unique tax concerns of business lines.
• Assist with U.S. and foreign income tax audits as needed.
Job ID: 109554BR
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.