Fluor Water-Wastewater Supervisor in Jacksonville, Florida
The supervisor will be responsible for ensuring the efficiency, productivity, safety, compliance, and effective performance of water/wastewater operations and duties assigned to team members.
• Supervises utility repair, maintenance, and minor construction projects; including underground excavations.
• Manages the cross connection control and valve maintenance program
• Interprets laboratory results sample collections from the water and wastewater treatment systems
• Ensures elevated water tanks and reservoirs, sewage pumping stations and controls are calibrated according to standards
• Prioritizes and delegates work assignments at multiple site locations
• Communicates with Engineers/Planners/Estimators to assist making material and labor estimates
• Provides order of magnitude labor and material estimates
• Provide timely answers for job related technical inquiries, from internal and external customers
• Ensures that work is completed within specified time and performance criteria
• Ensures a twenty-four hour per day, seven day per week workforce is available
• Identifies trends and take appropriate corrective action
• Ensures optimal responsiveness, efficiency, and productivity
• Assigns, monitors and organizes the daily workload activities of subordinates
• Enforces Fluor safe work requirements and adherence to OHSA/EM-385 standards
• Establishes, assigns and adjusts work methods and procedures to meet schedules using knowledge of capabilities of personnel and capacities of equipment to solve work related problems
• Signs and checks for completeness/accuracy multiple documents daily including timecards, material requisitions, etc
• Initiates material requests to supply and, as required, contacts vendors to determine material availability and cost
• Recommends or initiates action involving promotions, transfers, disciplinary action and motivation of employees
• Coordinates any related subcontract work with all appropriate parties, including the Subcontracts Manager
• Performs Quality Control inspections on work in progress and/or completed work
• Maintains compliance with all FDEP operating permit requirements
• Provides detailed reports as required
• Ensures water and waste water distribution drawings are updated as required
• Communicates routinely with Utilities Operations Manager
• Maintains a professional appearance and professional demeanor at all times
• Performs additional duties as assigned
PHYSICAL EFFORT: The work is primarily sedentary, although physical effort may be required when assisting the workforce. Assignment regularly involves periods of sitting and driving.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Will supervise multiple (CBA) personnel. Work is typically performed in an adequately lighted and climate controlled office. The work involves minimal risks and observance of safety precaution typical of an office setting and that of an outside working environment. Will manage multiple tasks or projects. Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities, providing written reports (using Microsoft software programs), and meeting deadlines. Work requires high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. After-hours duty required and may be called into work after-hour emergency situations.
TRAVEL: May require travel to multiple project sites, as assigned.
Job ID: 108461BR
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.