Fluor Control Systems Design Engineer in Jubail, Saudi Arabia
The purpose of this position is to provide intermediate technical knowledge, and perform the work listed. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This position supports the Area Lead or Lead on assigned projects and evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques to a small set of moderately difficult assignments.
• Prepare / review scope of work for the project and for third party contracts
• Develop Instrument & Control Systems narrative specifications
• During scoping/FEED phases, assist in develop design alternatives, as well as advantages and drawbacks of each one, to support Client's selection.
• Develop Interlock descriptions and narratives.
• Prepare technical bid evaluations to support Client's decisions.
• Proficiency with use of DCS engineering, system architectures and SIS architectures.
• Familiar in the use of SPI (Smart Plant Instrumentation), and other software for selection of control valves and other instruments.
• Develop Control engineering documents like wiring diagrams, loop diagrams , instrument list and set point lists, or modify existing documents.
• During construction phase, help to resolve issues related to Control system as required, and/or support commissioning for control systems, logic's, instruments and safety systems.
• Assist the Lead in employing cost competitive engineering techniques to develop the most cost-effective total project solution for execution of the discipline engineering work
• Develop and review specifications, including design criteria
• Participate in activities associated with equipment and material procurement, permitting, and subcontracting
• Perform and check calculations, specify equipment, and solve problems of moderate engineering complexity
• Review vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 115984BR
Country: Saudi Arabia
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.