Fluor CSA Designer in Kitimat, British Columbia
To enable us to meet challenging new and existing project demands, we are seeking for motivated and result driven drafters/designers for civil, structural, architectural, piping, electrical and instrumentation & control disciplines. The purpose of these positions is to provide essential administrative processes and technical knowledge to produce designs and 2D and 3D layout of moderate to complex advanced scope in close cooperation with the discipline engineers and leads. The specific duties associated with the positions will include but not necessarily be limited to:
• Understand the Project drivers and apply fit-for-purpose techniques to develop the best total project solution for execution of the discipline engineering work.
• Prepare 2D Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawings of moderate complexity.
• Check or progress work done by other Designers
• Review drawings and vendor equipment documentation of basic to moderate complexity within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution.
• Perform bulk material take-off analysis and tabulations.
• Adhere to industry codes and standards as well as department practices and procedures.
• Analyze and make independent recommendations to solve problems with moderate complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines.
• Execute JFJVs scope of work according to contract requirements.
• Liaise with third parties representatives to align design interface requirements and expectations.
• Interface with JFJV’s discipline engineers to develop interdisciplinary drawings and specifications.
• Understand and follow the effort-hours budget and process schedule.
• Other duties as assigned.
Job ID: 117301BR
State: British Columbia
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.