At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Fluor Constructors Canada Ltd. is one of Canada's top leaders in the Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost effective technology-based solutions to address our client's needs is second to none.
As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
In this role you will be situated full time in Kitimat, BC supporting our LNGC project.
You will be fully supported as you continue to build your skills, support a schedule driven project where the emphasis will be on people, client interface, development, and management.
LNGC is a remote location where you will be working 14 days on and 7 days off. There is travel provided by either charter or commercial flights as well as busing to the project site where you will stay at the Cedar Valley Lodge. The Cedar Valley Lodge is the project located camp facility that was built in 2021 especially for this project containing many modern amenities.
LNGC offers great opportunity with a journeyperson package of $83.66/hr with a planned increase of 2.5% in November 2023.
Some of the associated job duties involve but not limited to:
• Ability to follow directions given in layouts, blueprints, and work orders.
• Clean, check for defects and shape component parts, sometimes using a cutting torch.
• Welding pieces together in accordance with project quality control requirements.
• Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), gas metal arc welding (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), plasma arc welding (PAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), oxy-acetylene welding (OAW), resistance welding and submerged arc welding (SAW)
• Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment.
• Operate brazing and soldering equipment.
• Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears and other metal straightening and bending machines.
• Join pipe sections, related equipment and secure in position.
Job ID: 138058BR
State: British Columbia
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.