Fluor Site Administrative Assistant in Kitimat, British Columbia
Considering a change? Challenge yourself with Fluor!
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost effective technology based solutions to address our client's needs is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
Fluor team members are at the core of Fluor’s successes and instrumental in executing projects safely, smartly and with the highest quality. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career and are eager to champion Fluor’s project execution, this opportunity just may be for you!
The Site Administrative Assistant will join our team in Kitimat, BC reporting directly to the Office Manager and is responsible for all administrative functions which support the Construction Operations with minimum supervision.
Primary Job Duties/Functions:
• Works closely with the Office Manager and all Construction personnel handling any and all administrative responsibilities as assigned.
• Works in a team environment, working closely with other Administrative Assistants to plan, organize, and distribute workload.
• Strong communications skills with the ability to work in a fast pace environment with continuous interruptions.
• Consistent utilization of commonly used computer software including; excel, word, power point and lotus notes.
• Assists with coordination and organization of department/ project meetings, town halls, information sessions, and celebrations.
• Maintains and assists other personnel with Conference room bookings and set up of WebEx meetings.
• Administers and maintains highly confidential and specialized information and records.
• Exercises an in depth understanding of organizational policies, procedures and operations.
• Distribute, sort, read and annotate incoming mail and documents, attaching the appropriate files to facilitate necessary action.
• Establishes and maintains required department/project files.
• Researches, abstracts information and supporting data in preparation for meetings, work/special projects, reports and presentations.
• Orders and maintains office supplies and equipment for departments/project, adhering to all project guidelines.
• Assists with a detailed onboarding process.
• Assist newly mobilized personnel with timesheets and expense reports.
• Coordination of office space allocations, including phones and computers for department project personnel.
• Assists in preparation of project documentation such as progress reports, job specifications, studies, bid packages, estimates, purchase orders, purchase requisitions, action item tracking, etc.
• Calendar management: actively manages calendars, meetings, appointments, and teleconferences.
• Other duties as assigned.
This is a contractor position.
Working hours: 5 days a week (Monday - Friday), 10 hours per day
Local candidates preferred
Job ID: 125761BR
State: British Columbia
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.