Fluor Construction Planner in Lima, Ohio
The Construction Planner is responsible for managing assigned projects within their designated discipline or may be assigned as a construction manager with responsibilities for multiple disciplines. Planner responsibilities include Safety, Construction Execution, Client Relationship, Innovation/Construction Savings, Cost Management, Change Control, Subcontractor Management, Schedule Management, Quality and Productivity.
• Drive Safety mindset and culture for the Stork/Fluor site team and Fluor sub-contractors.
• Actively participate in the site safety program and leading the site to a Beyond Zero culture.
• Possess a working knowledge of site safety program.
• Participate in annual site internal HSE audit.
• Ensure Stork/Fluor and sub-contractor personnel have received required training assigned to your projects.
• Ensure all required local and government permits are obtained.
• Responsible for understanding the technical scope of the assigned project and having a thorough understanding of all subcontractor contractual requirements.
• Assist with development and issue of the Project Construction Execution Plan in conjunction with the Project Plant Construction Agreement.
• Consistent with the Project Construction Execution Plan and Plant Construction Agreement, develop, implement, and update a sourcing plan with project management and procurement.
• Interpret design documents and make recommendation for changes, corrections, and alterations.
• Issue RFQ for all materials and tools required to complete self-perform projects.
• With procurement, take a lead role to prepare Requisitions for Contract. Participate in the bid review, evaluation and make recommendation for award.
• Ensure that all field material purchased meets or exceeds the specification. In the case of special items, coordinate with engineering and the Project Manager to determine the best approach for purchase
• Initiate and prepare field change requests (RCA’s), field instructions (FI’s) and any associated requests for information (RFI’s), and as built documents
• Expedite field purchases and owner purchased equipment as necessary to meet project requirements.
• Track and monitor materials and SP items ETA so adjustments can be made to the overall project schedule.
• Direct manage General Foreman and Foreman for all assigned projects
• Understand the customer’s business and business drivers.
• Maintain client relationships by regular communication to better understand project operations.
• Demonstrate and document actions taken to reduce customer costs (Construction Savings).
• Actively participate in project and constructability meetings.
• Through training and participation, become familiar with LEAN/IPD methodology.
• Ultimately lead LEAN/IPD projects as a Facilitator/Coordinator.
• Drive Constructability mindset and culture within assigned projects self-perform team and subcontractors.
• Ensure assigned self-perform team and sub-contractors add and display value by participating in site cost savings programs.
• Drive vendor competition and productivity through qualification of new vendors.
Cost Management /Change Control
• Understand the scope of work assigned to you. Generate a complete and accurate work order estimate in a timely fashion. Document all estimates with supporting data, and maintain a file.
• Monitor project budgets and verify that there are sufficient funds remaining in the budget, to support the completion of the project or charges you are approving.
• Provide or assist in providing all data for project/monthly cost reviews
• Track, monitor and report costs for assigned subcontractors and projects.
• Follow the Change Management System for all requested scope changes.
• Be the primary point of contact for logistics issues and needs of the subcontractor.
• Routinely review work progress (several times/day) and maintain a presence in the field while construction activities are being executed.
• Ensure subcontractors adhere to their contracts.
• Ensure alignment is agreed upon regarding on construction deliverables and system sequences through use of the Construction Completion Agreement Process.
• Assemble turnover packages and documents. At the end of a project hold a turnover meeting walk thru to capture any follow-up’s psu items.
• Assist in turnover of Construction systems and interface with startup resources.
• Develop or participate in the development of construction schedules for assigned projects.
Job ID: 120180BR
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.