Fluor Project Engineer - Sr. Electrical in Los Alamos, New Mexico
Join our team at the Los Alamos Nuclear Laboratory and contribute to a dynamic team of facility engineering professionals that provide engineering solutions across a wide variety of buildings at one of the most important research facilities in the world.
We are looking for enthusiastic engineers with an interest in building systems and infrastructure to work in the Engineering Services – Engineering Project Delivery (ES-EPD) group.
• Support Project Manager in the oversight of engineering activity (all disciplines) on a project, or designated portions of a project.
• Plan and direct engineering assignments on the project. Has technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating these assignments.
• Understand standard engineering work planning, scheduling and cost estimating, and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the application of engineering techniques.
• Establish the detailed project execution plan and the development of the overall project engineering budget and schedule.
• Perform, manage, and has accountability for the work in accordance with relevant LANL standards (Conduct of Engineering).
• Direct engineering activities in preparation of project proposals, including estimates for engineering staffing, quantities, scope reviews, schedules and other functional groups.
• Originate, review, and/or approve design documents, change orders, material requisitions and specifications for construction or procurement use.
• Supervise the preparation, reviews, and endorses bid analyses and recommendations for procurement of equipment material and services within Engineering's scope of responsibility.
• Coordinate activities among the design groups on the project.
• Review project engineering progress against approved schedules, evaluates changes and takes corrective action when required.
• Make recommendations to Engineering Management of key personnel for project assignments.
• Prepare or direct the preparation of project studies, reports, forecasts, special engineering reports and plant data book.
• Ensure that Technical Risk Assessments are comprehensive and complete, safety practices and procedures are implemented, and engineering design and corresponding design documentation are in compliance with project Quality Assurance plan and procedures.
• Communicate complex technical issues and recommends solutions to client, project and functional management as directed and as appropriate.
• Champion the creation of a project work environment, supported by leadership on the project/program, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
• Track and issue reports on project performance using standard Earned Value Management tools (Control Account Manager).
Job ID: 127938BR
City: Los Alamos
State: New Mexico
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.