At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Join our team at the Los Alamos Nuclear Laboratory and contribute to a dynamic team of facility engineering professionals that provide engineering solutions across a wide variety of buildings at one of the most important research facilities in the world.
As a mechanical design engineer, you will function as part of a design agency serving the Institutional Facilities (IF) and Utilities & Infrastructure (UI) Facilities Operations Directorates (FODs). You will concurrently work on multiple design teams shaping the facilities and infrastructure to serve the needs of a growing and changing Laboratory. Your teams will provide engineering consulting services typical of any or all project phases: programming; scoping; design; construction; commissioning; operation.
Duties will include:
• Assess condition of existing facilities and infrastructure systems.
• Generate written recommendations.
• Expertly apply engineering judgement to engineering challenges.
• Interface and coordinate with project stakeholders.
• Adhere to the Engineering Standards, Conduct of
Engineering, prevailing codes and standards.
• Mentor junior design personnel.
• Ensure integration of green initiatives on all projects.
• Support organizational initiatives for improvements of design and business practices.
• Make visionary organizational contributions regarding
design and business practices.
• Contribute to improvement of LANL’s Engineering
• Facilitate technical growth of the mechanical design
• Assist Team Lead with work planning, staffing
projections and hiring.
Job ID: 141350BR
City: Los Alamos
State: New Mexico
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.