Fluor Sr Mgr, O&M - Mechanical Engineering Maintenance in Martin, South Carolina
This position functions as Site Manager and Mechanical Engineer in a dynamic environment supporting the manufacture of colloidal silica slurry. Project is located in Martin, SC and requires relocation to the area for this long-term assignment. Current or prior Fluor experience is required, as well as a Mechanical Engineering degree and applicable field/project/management experience.
This role identifies and improves yield loss and scrap opportunities, develops and recommends new testing processes and technologies to achieve cost effectiveness and improved product quality and establishes operating equipment specifications and improves manufacturing techniques.
The Site Manager will inspect performance of machinery, equipment and tools to verify their efficiency and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality. This role will also develop manufacturing processes that demonstrate levels of statistical control and validate new equipment and process changes.
The Site Manager is also responsible for the developing and/or implementing of systems improvement projects and supporting maintenance and production groups in resolving technical and engineering issues. This role will provide process on assigned Corrective Action Preventive Action (CAPA). This role trains departmental technicians and operators to ensure sufficient expertise exists within the manufacturing work centers. Capital equipment fabrication activities must be reviewed to ensure manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications, regulatory safety standards, and user requirements.
As a part of this team the Site Manager will also investigate and develop new processes required to improve manufacturing operations and processes. Develop cost estimates, obtains quotes, and generates capital requests to support new processes and capital equipment purchase. The Site Manager also generates, reviews and approves engineering, manufacturing and quality procedures necessary to support equipment validation/revalidation, launch, and normal production schedules.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Comply with all Fluor Corporation safety requirements and programs.
• Performs all managerial functions common to facility maintenance. Reviews and evaluates performance and ensures EMD quality standards are being met. Takes corrective action to resolve problems.
• Reviews and assesses scope of authorized work and continually monitors job progress against plan.
• Monitors Work Order implementation to ensure compliance with procedures.
• Consults to help establish priorities.
• Provides engineering directions and engineering control to Maintenance Engineers.
• Provides input to the development of service strategy and research and development of new operational processes.
• Establishes production and quality control standards. Develops budget and cost control data regarding types, quantities, specifications and delivery dates of service.
• Performs an audit function regularly to ensure EMD standards of workmanship are being met.
• Ensures all established costs, quality and delivery commitments are fulfilled.
• Reviews project status reports and directs the resolution of operational and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
• Meets with EMD Client Management Team periodically to review departmental progress and review/confirm commitments.
• Uses the Computerized Maintenance Management system (CMMS) to track all maintenance work, labor hours, work orders, etc.
• Creates and adjusts reports through (maintenance analysis software). Develops and reviews appropriate metrics as needed.
• Determines responsibilities of assigned organization and staff positions to accomplish business objectives.
• Performs administrative activities associated with the effective management of operations, including compiling, storing and retrieving production data for reports.
• Trains and ensures all assigned employees are aware of and comply with Company policies, procedures and regulations.
• Complies with all EMD Corporation safety requirements and programs.
• Monitors and modifies all maintenance activities/routines to meet the cost efficiencies and Maintenance Plan Objectives.
• Ensures the Site team members are provided with access to the appropriate information and are actively engaged in any change processes.
• Analyzes the Maintenance Plan Performance on an on-going basis.
• Introduces and implements new technologies/processes.
• Develops and implements the Maintenance Optimization Plan, Maintenance Management Plan, Maintenance Master Plan and the communications of these plans to the Team.
• Processes assessments and conducts Root Cause Analysis as applicable.
• Develops and prepares performance data reports.
• Manages and reports Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
• Audits maintenance processes and provides recommendations for changes as required.
• Audits and reports safety issues, trends and implements corrective action as required.
• Promotes Continuous Performance Improvement (CPI) processes and programs.
• Works with the various Site Teams/Work groups to develop efficient processes in accordance with EMD procedures.
• Identifies cost reductions and value improvements to benefit the facility without compromising performance and safety.
• Develops and implements “Best Practice” maintenance procedures and routines.
• Develops and manages the subcontractor maintenance process.
• Performs on-going analysis to establish trends in the following areas: Breakdown/Downtime; Maintenance Hours/Jobs by Work-class, Work-type, Equipment Type, Manufacturer Skill-set requirements; Failure by Cause.
Job ID: 125224BR
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.