At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
The client site for this project is a mid-sized recycled linerboard paper mill producing approximately 800 tons/day of brown paper linerboard and the mill operates 360 days/year 24x7. This is a cost reimbursable contract focusing on unplanned downtime measured in minutes/day and cost measured in $/ton.
The Site Manager’s position is responsible for coordinating the effective execution of all maintenance and operations support activities for a small to medium sized maintenance contract and/or Small Capital projects and/or less complex sites/projects within the Operations & Maintenance Function for a mid-sized brown paper mill. This position supervises a Reliability Engineer, Planners, an Electrical and Instrumentation Supervisor and Technicians, Electricians, a Millwright Supervisor and Millwrights, Mechanics, Pipefitters, and other maintenance personnel as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• This position is the “face of Fluor” on this project site.
• In addition to on-going maintenance operations, this individual acts as the HSE manager for a site team composed of 30 personnel.
• Assist in maintaining client relationships by regular communication to better understand project operations, this communication should; appraise of Fluor activities, advise of potential improvements, assess changing needs, develop teamwork and ask for client feedback on performance
• Review Downtime and implement procedures for improved reliability. Participate in developing Root Cause Failure Analysis to prevent repetitive downtime.
• Maintain records of all paper machine rolls.
• Ensure the required parts are stocked and available in the store room
• Act as the first line of contact to the Client Plant General Manager and Maintenance and Engineering Manager.
• Fulfill contract and Operating System Requirements (OSR)/Operating System Implementation Plan (OSIP) requirements by ensuring that the duties and responsibilities of the project contract are clearly defined, documented and followed by the Fluor team
• Monitor risk as assigned by director of operations by reviewing risk on a regular basis and identifying significant business risk for Fluor; responsible for profit and loss of the site
• Identify future client requirements and up-selling opportunities by developing on-site assessments of client operations and proposing project plans
• Develop annual maintenance budgets for review by the client
• Participate in developing the Capital and Major Maintenance planning
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 142259BR
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.