At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
• The purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative processes, technical knowledge, and Electrical Engineering work for Advanced Technologies & Life Sciences related projects. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This position serves as an Area Lead or Lead on assigned projects or performs complex to difficult engineering assignments, evaluates, selects, and applies advanced engineering techniques to a broad set of complex assignments for electrical power distribution.
• Develop and review Electrical quantity and labor effort estimates and schedules, progress reports, including manpower forecasts.
• Establish, track, and monitor material key quantities; provide analysis and forecasts
• Develop and review Electrical specifications, including Electrical design criteria, Electrical Equipment, Above and Underground Installation, Requirements for Mechanical Equipment and any other Electrical Engineering related specifications to support Procurement and Construction.
• Participate in activities associated with Electrical equipment and material procurement, such as switchgear, motor control centers (MCCs), uninterruptable power supplies (UPS), generators, etc.; permitting; and subcontracting
• Perform and check cable voltage drop, lighting, short circuit, and load flow calculations, specify equipment, and solve problems of moderate or complex engineering problems. This includes familiarity with ETAP, SKM, SmartPlant Electrical.
• Review vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution
Job ID: 139193BR
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.