At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Are you a process engineer that is looking for more than just a job?
Are you excited by working together with very talented people on projects that make a difference?
Do you thrive in an international environment where we design and build complex and challenging capital projects for our clients? We are actively involved in the following exciting industries:
• Life Science Industry: Designing production facilities for Flu Vaccines, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) for important drugs, Blood Fractionation for the life-saving plasma industry, and more.
• Advanced Technologies: Including the fast-paced Semiconductor Industry, Smart Batteries, and Datacenters.
• Advanced Manufacturing: Foods (Sugar, Potato Chips), Beverages (Distilled Spirits), Fast Moving Consumer Goods, and Sustainable Products and Technology.
Do you care about Safety and Sustainability like we do at Fluor?
If you do, keep reading!
Our Fluor office in Raleigh, NC is looking for an enthusiastic team member with a can-do attitude that supplements our growing process team.
What we are currently looking for is a Process/Specialty Engineer IV.
Responsibilities of this position include providing Process Technology engineering and technical support for systems with moderate to high complexity. May be the primary interface with Fluor discipline engineers. Typical tasks are
• Perform broad range of process engineering technology assignments such as creating, checking, and updating Mass Balance, PFDs (Process Flow Diagrams), P&IDs (Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams), utility summary, pump hydraulics, line sizing, equipment sizing, specifying pressure safety devices, instrument sizing, line list, checking vendor data.
• Writing process scope and process design basis.
• Participate /lead in P&ID and Safety reviews,
• Understand and follow baseline documents for your project such as the prime contract, scope of work, execution plan, the schedule, cost estimate, and risk documents
• Plan and conduct work in evaluation, selection and application of standard process engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria
• Assist others on engineering problems and methods
• Review and check work of others to assure overall quality of process designs
• Supervise others and/or be responsible for training of junior engineers.
• Contact and consult with other engineering disciplines within the Company in addition to process engineers and supervisors
• Understand and follow the effort-hours budget and process schedule
• Contribute to planning and coordinating work
• Support execution of the Quality Plan to ensure that work product meets defined requirement and standards, as needed
• Represent Process Technology in meetings and conferences related to the execution of the Company’s projects
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 142174BR
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.