At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Are you a process engineer that is looking for more than just a job?
Are you excited by working together with very talented people on projects that make a difference?
Do you thrive in an international environment where we design and build complex and challenging capital projects for our clients? We are actively involved in the following exciting industries:
• Life Science Industry: Designing production facilities for Flu Vaccines, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) for important drugs, Blood Fractionation for the life-saving plasma industry, and more.
• Advanced Technologies: Including the fast-paced Semiconductor Industry, Smart Batteries, and Datacenters.
• Advanced Manufacturing: Foods (Sugar, Potato Chips), Beverages (Distilled Spirits), Fast Moving Consumer Goods, and Sustainable Products and Technology.
Do you care about Safety and Sustainability like we do at Fluor?
If you do, keep reading!
Our Fluor office in Raleigh, NC is looking for an enthusiastic team member with a can-do attitude that supplements our growing process team.
What we are currently looking for is a Principal Process/Specialty Engineer.
Responsibilities of this position this position is to provide technical expertise in multiple areas of Process Technology. The role leads other engineers in executing project assignments and may oversee several teams of engineers.
Typical tasks are
• May lead a process team on a project overseeing design of several process areas or units to develop drawings and specifications for study, feasibility, Front End Engineering Development (FEED), or Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication, and Construction (EPFC) for these units/systems
• Develop Process Technology Quality and Activity Plans for moderate to intermediate size projects
• Propose/develop cost effective work processes (project specific) to ensure Fluor’s success
• Provide execution support in the implementation of the Project Execution Plan
• Perform inspections and audits of activities to determine conformance to specified requirements
• Execute Fluor’s scope of work according to contract requirements
• Prepare design margin tables to support Value Improvement Practice
• Interface with client representatives: project, planning, process and instrument engineers, operations and maintenance to align contract requirements and expectations
• Interface with Fluor discipline engineers to develop interdisciplinary drawings and specifications
• Provide support to Fluor project team members to enhance Fluor’s understanding of client technology and business objectives
• Execute studies as required and/or needed to provide cost effective facilities
• Initiate and maintain contacts and liaison with engineering and management as well as individuals, organizations, and companies with special knowledge, expertise, and services pertaining to Process Technology
• Develop methods, techniques, and procedures for the implementation and trouble shooting of special Process Technology work processes
• Review project schedules and assist in development of work plans to support project milestones
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Plan and organize own work assignments, as well as carry out tasks from management staff
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Effectively develop and apply the Core Skills to the job
• May need to travel to attend to business related matters
• Meet expectations on attendance and punctuality
• Perform broad range of process engineering technology assignments such as creating, checking, and updating Mass Balance, PFDs (Process Flow Diagrams), P&IDs (Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams), utility summary, pump hydraulics, line sizing, equipment sizing, specifying pressure safety devices, instrument sizing, line list, checking vendor data.
• Writing process scope and process design basis.
• Participate /lead in P&ID and Safety reviews,
• Understand and follow baseline documents for your project such as the prime contract, scope of work, execution plan, the schedule, cost estimate, and risk documents
• Plan and conduct work in evaluation, selection and application of standard process engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria
• Assist others on engineering problems and methods
• Review and check work of others to assure overall quality of process designs
• Supervise others and/or be responsible for training of junior engineers.
• Contact and consult with other engineering disciplines within the Company in addition to process engineers and supervisors
• Understand and follow the effort-hours budget and process schedule
• Contribute to planning and coordinating work
• Support execution of the Quality Plan to ensure that work product meets defined requirement and standards, as needed
• Represent Process Technology in meetings and conferences related to the execution of the Company’s projects
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 139189BR
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.