At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Join our team as an Engineering Design Manager and play a crucial role in delivering successful projects in any portion of EPC projects.
We are seeking an experienced Engineering Design Manager with a strong background in life sciences to join our dynamic team. As an Engineering Design Manager, you will lead a group of talented engineers and designers to develop innovative solutions for life sciences projects. You will be responsible for overseeing the entire design process, ensuring compliance with industry standards, managing resources effectively, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality designs on schedule.
• Provide leadership, mentorship, and guidance to a team of engineers and designers.
• Foster a collaborative and innovative work environment to drive the team's success.
• Set clear objectives, delegate tasks, and monitor progress to ensure project milestones are met.
• Manage the entire design process, from concept to detail design and construction support, ensuring adherence to life sciences industry regulations and standards.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams, Construction, Procurement, Contracts, Quality, Project Controls, HSE, HR, IT and CQV, to align design objectives and project requirements.
• Conduct design reviews, identify risks, and implement appropriate mitigation strategies to maintain project timelines, budgets and quality standards.
• Utilize your deep understanding of the Engineering Design Process and life sciences principles, such as biotechnology, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, or healthcare equipment, to drive innovative design solutions.
• Stay updated on the latest advancements, emerging technologies, and industry best practices related to life sciences engineering design.
• Provide technical guidance and support to the team in resolving complex design challenges.
• Develop project plans, allocate resources effectively, and develops/manage project budgets to ensure successful project execution.
• Monitor project progress, identify potential roadblocks, and proactively implement corrective actions to mitigate risks and ensure project deliverables are met.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to set project priorities, manage expectations, and provide regular updates on project status.
• Ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, such as FDA guidelines, ISO standards, and other relevant regulations, throughout the design process.
• Establish and maintain Fluor quality processes and procedures to ensure the delivery of safe and effective products.
• Lead risk management activities, including risk assessment, risk analysis, and risk mitigation strategies.
Job ID: 139161BR
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.