At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
The Principal BIM Construction Coordinator performs the essential job duties and functions of Construction BIM Coordination on site, with the overall objective of establishing and delivering an execution framework on a medium to large sized, engineering, procurement, and construction / construction management (EPC/EPCM) or services project. The individual in this position reports directly to the project BIM Manager or Project Manager/Director. They are responsible for the support of construction BIM processes, interfacing with sub-contractors and vendors, and reporting to the client. The essential duties are Construction management on a BIM / VDC Level.
• Multi trade coordination (MEP Coordination) construction experience is preferred. Main focus will be on construction level Field BIM Coordination.
• Responsible for management of construction contractor BIM Execution to include but not limited to the following items:
o Responsible to bridge the gap between engineering and construction BIM / VDC
execution. Provide guidance to Construction Contractors related to engineering approval
o Develop / Maintain BIM VDC schedule to ensure alignment with construction delivery.
o Implement and Manage 3D platforms to support BIM/VDC coordination execution (to
include data management, material tracking, and schedule alignment)
o Responsible to make sure the Construction Contractors coordinate their LOD 400 Model
dimensions when specific dimensions are not indicated in the IFC drawings or where
drawings are schematic in nature.
o Verify and Audit Contractor’s means and methods for tracking Field Verification of all their
Model dimensions when specific dimensions are indicated in the IFC drawings.
• Ensure and manage the Construction Contractors in Coordination of all shut-down and tie-in points identification, including those necessary for existing points of connections, new equipment interface points, or temporary services. Provide BIM technical support, coordination leadership, and training to Project Team.
• Provide BIM Support on a medium to large size project and serve as the project’s support for BIM processes.
• As a key resource on a project team, the role requires collaboration at all levels, including: client representatives, Fluor management and functional leads.
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 142733BR
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.