Fluor Director I, Communications in Piketon, Ohio
FORTUNE 200-company with a significant, long-time Ohio presence is looking to hire a director-level position for its communications/public affairs team. The company provides services in a number of heavy industry, business-to-business and government business sectors.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of client and company communications strategies and implementation and measurement of proactive, integrated communications efforts. The individual will serve as the primary company spokesperson. The individual will be expected to cultivate and foster relationships with key in-state and trade media contacts, local and state elected officials/staffs, and community leaders. The individual will plan, oversee, coordinate the work of and have supervisory responsibility for a staff of communications/public affairs professionals. The ideal candidate will have experience in government relations and be familiar with key stakeholder groups in south central Ohio.
The successful candidate will work closely with the client and senior company management on a variety of projects and must be able to work well and manage up and down in fluid situations. Issues management and crisis communications background, along with experience in dealing with regulatory oversight agencies, are prerequisites for this position.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
The primary duties & responsibilities of the ideal candidate will include, but not be limited to the following attributes:
• Plan, develop, execute and measure effective communications initiatives including media relations, community affairs, local market advertising, grassroots outreach, employee communications, online communications, interaction with local elected officials and staffs, and event planning;
• Advise, counsel and support senior company leadership, and at times clients, with all external and internal communications with key stakeholders;
• Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with clients, representatives of key community and business organizations, third-party consultants, and key internal clients;
• Create results-driven programs that are measurable and help drive broader business objectives;
• Serve as primary contact for crisis and regulatory communications;
• Develop tools and materials for use with the public, including news releases, fact sheets, talking points, web site, executive speeches, etc.;
• Ensure effective processes for monitoring and evaluating communications initiatives;
• Ensure that overall messages and communications materials adhere to customer requirements and corporate branding standards;
• Develop and maintain systems and processes necessary for effective media interaction.
Job ID: 112195BR
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.