At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Fluor Consultants BV is focusing on developing long term relationships with customers in revamping,
debottlenecking and expanding the production capacity of their existing facilities in the process
Industry in the South West of the Netherlands. The Bergen op Zoom and Rotterdam offices provide
the full project execution services: from conceptual engineering through commissioning and
construction support. Together with Stork (a Fluor company) we have the unique market capacity to
offer integrated solutions to our clients. This includes fabrication, modularization and maintenance.
The purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative processes, technical
knowledge, and perform the work listed, under minimum general supervision.
This position acts as a representative of the department for the Rotating Equipment commodity ensuring technical accuracy in project execution in all phases, this position serves as a Responsible Engineer, or Technical Area
Lead on assigned projects or performs complex technical assignments, depending on experience level.
The scope under this commodity covers all types of rotating equipment such as pumps, compressors,
steam/ gas turbines, blowers, fans, and other types of complex machinery or packaged equipment.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for the specification, selection, and services relating to rotating equipment including gas turbines, steam turbines, compressors, pumps, and packaged equipment
• Calculations for equipment selection and (preliminary) equipment sizing
• Preparation of material requisitions for inquiry and purchase
• Preparation & review of technical evaluations of supplier bids
• Review of supplier drawings & documents
• Attend supplier meetings & resolve issues related to manufacturing
• Participate in inspections and factory acceptance tests
• Coordinate / interface with engineering disciplines process, piping, electrical, control systems
and civil for equipment & facility design
• Cooperate with Client and third parties
• Plan the execution of the work, track progress & report to the Mechanical Lead Engineer
• Assist in proposal preparations where required
• Support field engineering/ construction during equipment installation and related issues
arising in construction site.
• Develop and build external relations with client representatives, vendors, and subcontractors
and interface closely with other discipline functions promoting Client Service Excellence
• Execute project work in accordance with approved Activity Plans
• Adhere to industry codes and standards as well as department practices and procedures
• Contribute to and promote the use of Fluor’s knowledge management portals and communities
• Participate in people development within commodity through mentoring, development of training material, and performance appraisal input and counseling when applicable
• May promote company branding by active participation in external technical organizations and presents technical papers or presentations through Fluor’s P4 process
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• May need to travel to attend to business related matters
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 141082BR
State: South Holland
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.