Fluor Instrument Technician in Rochester, Minnesota
Utility Plant Maintenance & Controls Tech
Summary: Performs equipment maintenance in the Central Utility Plant and maintains existing building controls systems (JCI, IFIX, Allen Bradley etc.), assists in the development of new systems. Maintains steam systems, chilled water systems, Boilers, Chillers, Air Compressors and other equipment used in the Utility plant
• Ensure the appropriate safety practices are followed.
• Ensure all certification and training is in accordance with the site requirements.
• Implement safety standards with Fluor and IBM Safety.
General Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
• Maintains, monitors, programs, installs, repairs, replaces, backs-up and recovers the building controls systems (primarily JCI Allen Bradley PLC and IFIX CMMS).
• Identifies, troubleshoots, analyzes and resolves systems and communications problems to include the repair/replacement of component level devices (i.e. I/O devices, modems, etc.).
• Calibrates Flow, Pressure, Temperature and other monitoring sensors for various equipment in the CUP. Oversees the installation of new process control equipment and sensors for the CUP.
• Maintains, trouble shoots equipment for the Central Utility Plant which include: steam systems, chilled water systems, boilers. Chillers, HVAC and air compressors.
• Knowledge of the following programs: Vibration Analysis Programs, Thermography programs.
• Knowledge of Variable Speed Drives, setup, maintenance and trouble shooting.
• General housekeeping and keeping the areas worked in clean and neat.
• Clean chiller condenser / evaporator tubes as required.
• Clean Plate frame heat exchangers as required.
• Assist engineers with obtaining/analyzing data or other tasks as required.
• Availability to work after hours (early morning or late night), weekends and holidays as required. Occasionally provide 24 hour on-call coverage.
• Other duties as assigned.
Fluor reserves the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable
accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
Fluor is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified
individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.
Job ID: 107883BR
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.