Fluor Logan Aluminium - Industrial Maintenance Mechanic - Outage in Russellville, Kentucky
This posting is for a temporary mechanical position supporting a major plant outage the week of April 16th through the 20th near Russellville, KY. Position will be assigned for either day or night shift with a 10 to 12 hour schedule for the duration of the outage. Selected candidates will be required to complete one day of orientation and hire in on an assigned day the week prior to outage. This will be a paid day. Candidates will be required to provide their own steel toe safety boots for this outage, all other PPE will be provided. This position assists and supports others as assigned. The position relies on established policies, procedures, and applicable work practices to make decisions as they apply to the job duties and responsibilities.
Under general supervision this position will be paired with other experienced technicians performing complex diagnostics, repairs, fabrications, and routine service on a wide variety of machines, facilities and building equipment. Equipment will range from gearboxes, hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders and equipment, work rolls, conveyors, pumps, fabrication, and more.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Adhere to and support Fluor’s Health, Safety, and Environmental and Sustainability Policies.
• Plan, organize, and carry out assignments as directed
• Provide general mechanical maintenance skills and practices to complete assigned work
• Work within a team of maintenance personnel to complete complex tasks or major repairs/modifications as assigned. This may include but is not limited to extensive and complex assembling and dismantling of machine sections.
• Perform repairs, minor alterations, and routine service work
• Able to use hand tools on a daily basis, such as (grinders, saws, impact wrench)
• Be proactive and self-sufficient to complete work
• Complete preventive maintenance task as detailed on a work order
• Perform general housekeeping duties in work area and shop
• Meet expectations on attendance and punctuality
Typical Minimum Qualifications – Related Education, Experience and Skills:
• Mechanical job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
• Ability to communicate effectively and follow instruction both verbally and written
• Mostly Indoors
• Various levels of environmental conditions including but not limited to overhead cranes, interaction with mobile equipment, heavy lifting, moving mechanical parts and vibration, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, grease and coolants, extreme temperatures and high noise levels.
Preferred Qualifications – Related Education, Experience and Skills:
• Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and equipment manuals
• Knowledge of standard and specialized maintenance practices and fabrication.
• Knowledge and experience with basic hand tools and power tools
• Ability to use Arc, tig, mig welding, plasma, and torch cutting equipment
• Ability to layout and fabricate details and equipment parts either from print, or self design
• Knowledge of sound rigging practices
• Understands the basic components, operation, inspection, and maintenance of various types of valves and piping systems
• Ability to work from elevated areas such as ladders, manlifts, and platforms
• Able to work extended hours during this week if needed.
Job ID: 106879BR
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.