Asst. Project Manager - Utilities Design Reviewer
At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
This position can be remote, reporting to Sacramento, CA
Fluor and its joint-venture partner AECOM have been awarded a four-year program delivery support services contract for the California High-Speed Rail program by the California High-Speed Rail Authority, to provide program delivery and program management services to support one of the largest planned infrastructure projects in the U.S.
The system will connect the 500-mile stretch between the Los Angeles region with the San Francisco Bay Area, with up to 24 stations. The first phase of the program is currently under construction in California's Central Valley.
Under the general direction of the Project Manager – Reports of Investigation (“ROI”) and the Utilities Senior Project Manager, the Utility Design Reviewer contributes alongside a team of Utility Design Reviewers to prepare, review, coordinate, and track all utility Reports of Investigation for the Authority.
The Utility Design Reviewer is responsible for preparing ROI reports in conformance with Chapter 13 of the Authority’s Right-of-Way Manual for all irrigation, water, drainage, electric, gas, telecom, privately owned utilities, and railroad facilities impacted by the Authority’s high-speed rail system.
Program-specific activities will include the following:
• Review utility relocation design plans and right-of-way maps for the following determinations:
o Recommendation on approvals on all utility determination packages submitted by the utility relocation staff;
o Review for all aspects of quality control;
o Confirm prior rights determination; and
o Review for any betterments.
• Assess utility-preferred relocation alternatives and provide an analysis of the scope, right-of-way, schedule, and cost impacts.
• Develop and propose justifications regarding utility relocations and right-of-way exchanges for utility facilities, for project consideration.
• Review right-of-way acquisition maps, identify any incorrectly labeled easements, and request updated exhibits, as needed.
• Review easement exhibits prepared by the Design-Builder for accuracy and consistency.
• Review property rights conveyance documents with the counterparty to ensure all documentation is correct and accepted by all parties.
• Provide technical assistance as needed on utility issues to ensure appropriate and consistent interpretation and application of Master Agreements, policies, utility standards, and requirements on complex utility relocations.
• Review and identify prior land rights for JUA, CCUA, easements, and licenses with third parties.
• Conduct and coordinate review of utilities rights crossing excess land.
• Coordinate and provide information for all utility owners in a timely manner.
• Represent Real Property Branch – Utilities Team at all meetings, as requested.
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 142864BR
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.