At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
This position requires Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt with demonstrated capabilities in leading and successfully implementing Lean culture and a Lean management system in a large complex organization.
Fluor, together with its joint-venture partner AECOM, has been awarded a four-year program delivery support services contract for the California High-Speed Rail program by the California High-Speed Rail Authority, to provide program delivery and program management services to support one of the largest planned infrastructure projects in the U.S.
The system will connect the 500-mile stretch between the Los Angeles region with the San Francisco Bay Area, with up to 24 stations. The first phase of the program is currently under construction in California’s Central Valley.
Job duties include:
• Provide senior-level agency leadership, expertise, and strategic vision to design, plan, manage and implement an Authority-wide Process & Program Management Branch and a continuous improvement culture across all regions, divisions, and programs for the delivery of the High-Speed Rail Program
• Provide overall direction and oversight of the process.
• Lead the implementation of the Authority Lean Six Sigma Program, Document Control System, and Program Development
• Develops and implements the Process & Program Management Branch for the delivery of the High-Speed Rail Program that addresses program strategy alignment, process improvement, and strategic plan development.
• Ensure the effectiveness of large-scale process projects, from the vetting of project proposals through the implementation of solutions. Major outcomes include producing standard ways of doing work that is measurably faster, produce fewer errors with less variability, at a lower cost, with increased customer and employee satisfaction compared to the old ways of doing business
• Develops and implements Authority guidelines and procedures for Process & Program Management. Directs staff in establishing and maintaining the Authority’s procedures.
• Develop the strategy to build and sustain the capacity and culture for continuous process improvement that is critical to the Authority’s success.
• Deploy organizational change management techniques to facilitate effective strategies to help business process owners and customers migrate from current processes to future processes.
• Design, streamline, and manage a process for selecting and prioritizing strategic process improvement projects.
• Train and coach employees at all levels with the goal of increasing the agency’s capacity for Lean work and developing the practical application of a continuous improvement mindset.
• Support the development and maintenance of the Authority’s Organizational Management Plan.
• Maintain and operate an effective Lean Six Sigma continuous improvement program, including certification of Authority staff.
• Participates in the formulation of program goals, policies, and long-range plans relative to all functional areas.
• Represent Process & Program Management Branch at meetings, committees, and task forces in relations to program/project management processes.
Job ID: 136054BR
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.