At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Fluor is seeking candidates for the I-35 Northeast Expansion (NEX) South project in San Antonio, TX.
Fluor’s scope includes the design and construction of approximately four miles of elevated lanes, three in each direction, and associated interchanges at either end of the project.
The I-35 NEX South Project will add additional capacity to one of the most congested corridors in the state, which handles more than 140,000 vehicles per day.
The Construction Equipment Manager coordinates and schedules their activities to ensure that services are provided on a timely basis to support construction operations. Coordinates with other construction support organizations to furnish required support services. Provides guidance and participates in the career and professional development of personnel under their supervision. Reports the status of the operation of the assigned organization to management. Maintains contact with consultants and organizations outside the company with responsibility for providing specialized services. Provides instruction and training for special processes and procedures.
Reports to the construction manager
Manages equipment superintendents, support staff, and plant activities.
• Manages project equipment repairs, equipment preventive maintenance, and equipment records.
• Works with construction site superintendents to evaluate equipment needs and schedules.
• Typically manage personnel and provide an environment for the development and professional advancement of staff members, including on-the-job, formal training, development opportunities, and timely performance feedback
• Organize and prioritize a variety of complex operations and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines
• Interface with team members to provide input as necessary to ensure that Project Controls reporting is accurate and timely
• Performs buy-sell analysis and prepares recommendations for asset acquisition type
• Manages fleet vehicles, outfitting, and service program.
• Manages bulk wet fuel and fleet card programs
• Provides DOT compliance guidance and training to project staff.
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 142329BR
City: San Antonio
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.