At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Fluor is seeking candidates for the I-35 Northeast Expansion (NEX) South project in San Antonio, TX.
Fluor’s scope includes the design and construction of approximately four miles of elevated lanes, three in each direction, and associated interchanges at either end of the project.
The I-35 NEX South Project will add additional capacity to one of the most congested corridors in the state, which handles more than 140,000 vehicles per day.
This position provides leadership in the organization or functional area and is primarily engaged in management activities that establish the direction of a department, function, or project. The position requires the application of knowledge gained from experience and expertise to the job duties and responsibilities. The position will make decisions in areas that may impact the organization and its employees, clients, budgets, policies, procedures, work practices, or compliance programs.
This position is responsible for providing direction, training, and evaluation of the Finance Function of a Joint Venture (JV) Company executing a Design/Build Project.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensure project team has a clear understanding of the prime contract commercial terms
• Approve Monthly Financial Statements and communicate financial results to Project Management and Board of Directors
• Perform reconciliations including investigation and rationale for variances
• Supervise on-site Financial, Accounts Payable, Timekeeping, and Payroll Functions
• Review and approve journal entries
• Assist in development of the Cash Flow forecast, including the need for cash calls from the JV partners
• Supervise month-end/quarter-end financial close activities; including preparation of financial reports and analysis as required by JV Partners
• Interface with other groups inside and outside the JV and Partner organizations, senior management, other locations, clients, and auditors
• Approve client, vendor/subcontractor, and JV partner invoices
• Mentor and train Finance team members and other project support personnel as appropriate
• Coordinate with General Accounting Team regarding local statutory and tax requirements
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards
• Organize and prioritize a variety of complex tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Travel for business related matters, as needed
• Meet expectations on attendance and punctuality
• Perform other duties as assigned
Job ID: 141572BR
City: San Antonio
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.