Fluor Engineering Manager in Somerville, Massachusetts
This position is to plan and manage the design services from final design through construction for sub-contracted design within a lump-sum design-build environment on the Green Line Extension in Boston Massachusetts. It requires sound technical/business judgment in the evaluation, organization, and execution of project management activities. This role has the overall objective of managing and coordinating project activities that are in compliance with the contract and ensure the safety, quality, value, timeliness, and profitability of the completed project. It includes the following:
• Act as a leader in applying cost competitive execution techniques and develop the most cost-effective total project solution for the discipline engineering work
Coordinate the preparation and delivery of, project deliverables, design documents, bid packages within the project team and design services during construction.
• Work closely with the owner, construction, design and quality teams to solve technical problems so the construction schedule is not impacted.
• Manage design sub-contractor on a day-to-day basis
• Coordinate and/or manage the efforts of technical disciplines
• Provide technical oversight of project design
• Support creation and coordination of overall project plans and schedules, and monitoring activities, progress, and milestones against the plans
• Assign work to teams, monitor and manage the work
• Identify deviations in job scope, estimate magnitude of changes, and initiate trends or change orders
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Organize and prioritize a variety tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Plan and organize own work assignments, as well as carry out tasks from management staff
• Assist with the final closing out of design with the owner, including submittal of as-built drawings and other final deliverables.
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 108367BR
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.