At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
The purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative processes, and technical knowledge to perform the work listed.
• Familiar with HVAC load calculations and applied psychrometrics.
• Capable of sizing and preparing ductwork and equipment layouts.
• Knowledge of plumbing, fire water, chilled water, and refrigerant piping design principles.
• Capable of sizing building utilities (potable water, fire water, steam, plant air, instrument air, and sewage waste air requirements).
• Capable of selecting HVAC equipment such as air handling units, chillers, condensing units, cooling coils, heating coils, steam coils, pumps, electric heaters, fans, and cooling towers, and capable of selecting plumbing fixtures and firefighting equipment.
• Advanced working knowledge of various codes, standards, and handbooks including ASHRAE Fundamentals, ASHRAE systems, and equipment, ASHRAE refrigeration, ASHRAE application, ICC (IBC, IMC, IPC & IFC), SMACNA and NFPA.
• Experience in engineering and designing building mechanical systems for buildings in one or more of the following industries:
o Offshore (preferred)
o Energy & Chemicals (preferred)
o Metals Manufacturing and Processing
• Has experience working as a building mechanical system engineer involved with multi-million dollar building project team (engineers and designers) in different stages from front-end engineering design (FEED), detailed design (DD), bidding process, construction, commission, and acceptance of the building completion
• Possess leadership experience and is capable of delegating work, coordinating and directing other BMS engineers and designers in the home office and remote offices, and coordinating with other disciplines.
• Able to conduct project-related meetings, assign tasks to team members and follow up throughout the project.
• Advanced knowledge of discipline codes and standards, commercial availability, and cost of materials
• Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, e-mail, spreadsheet, and electronic presentation programs including Chvac Elite and AutoCAD
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
• Practical field experience
Job ID: 134792BR
City: Sugar Land
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.