Geotechnical Principal Design Engineer
At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
The purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative processes, technical knowledge, and direction as listed. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This position serves as an internal geotechnical engineering consultant to projects.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides geotechnical engineering expertise for Civil/Structural/Architectural (CSA), Pipelines, and Marine Terminals engineering functions.
• Performs detailed geotechnical analysis and design on onshore, coastal, nearshore, and offshore projects.
• Prepares scopes of work for 3rd-party geotechnical engineering services.
• Reviews and approves 3rd-party proposals, design calculations, drawings, and reports.
• Provides support to Lead Engineers from CSA, Pipeline, and Marine Terminals Lead on projects.
Job ID: 137892BR
City: Sugar Land
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.