Fluor Manager, Contract Management in Sugar Land, Texas
This position provides leadership in the organization or functional area and is primarily engaged in management activities that establish the direction of a department, function, or project. The position requires the application of knowledge gained from experience and expertise to the job duties and responsibilities. The position will make decisions in areas that may impact the organization and its employees, clients, budgets, policies, procedures, work practices, or compliance programs.
In coordination with Project Management and Client Team, this position develops the bid/award negotiation strategy for the project, allocating decision-making authority and task responsibilities to appropriate subordinates; utilizing their time, skills, and potential effectively, planning proper assignments of personnel and appropriate allocation of resources. This role assures compliance with all statutes, regulations, and contract terms and conditions. Technical and Professional knowledge for this position should be having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skills/knowledge in job-related areas and to remain aware of current developments and trends in construction, oil & gas and chemicals industries. This position requires committing to an action after developing alternative courses of action that are based on logical assumptions and factual information and that take into consideration resources, constraints and company values.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Heavy Construction execution knowledge as well Project execution, in its totality.
• Familiarity with contractual formation and legal concepts and claims management
• Heavy knowledge of all contracts types - Lump Sum, Unit Price, T&M, and conversions.
• Lead mid to large size projects (TIC $500MM to $2Bil)
• Formulate contracting strategy for individual contracts
•Perform resource survey and contract risk assessment; issue report of findings
• Develop Master Document
• Support, guide, and implement changes in systems, processes, and procedures
• Assess resource needs; prepare manpower and indirect estimates; develop and manage budgets for individual contracts
• Review Contracts task force activities (e.g., project budget and staffing mix, Project Contracting Plans, Request for Proposal bid evaluations, contracts, and monthly reports, etc.)
• Participate in proposal development activities including preparation of required proposal response, formal presentations, develop final proposal evaluations and prepare contract recommendations, and present recommendation to project team and/or client
• Negotiate contract terms and conditions, analyze commercial sections of proposals and technical proposal evaluations, and coordinate technical scopes of work including interface with all project disciplines (including project controls, legal services, project management, construction, engineering, finance/accounting, and client)
• Perform contract management post-award activities through evaluating and status of contractors’ productivity, schedule adherence, contract change management, invoicing and claims avoidance
• Conduct and maintain continuing review of progress of each contract and provides management with information pertaining to any financial, technical, or commercial difficulties
• Perform closeout of contracts, finalize outstanding contract issues, issue of final modifications, invoices and coordinate completion of contractor performance evaluations
• Travel or relocate to site locations as required to oversee contract operations
• Establish relationship with all key stakeholders
• Identify problems and/or opportunities for improvement, assesses viable solutions, develop and execute complex projects and, comprehensive action plans.
• Typically manage personnel and provide an environment for the development and professional advancement of staff members, including on-the-job and formal training and development opportunities ,and timely performance feedback
• Leverage internal and external resources to administer policies and procedures consistently across all business lines, functions, and locations
• Analyze situations, identify and forecast pertinent problems and evaluate realistic options; and recommend/implement appropriate course of action
• Organize and prioritize a variety of complex projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Effectively develop and apply the Core Skills to the job
• May need to travel to attend to business related matters
• Meet expectations on attendance and punctuality
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 109585BR
City: Sugar Land
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.